• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abrs recruitment contractors payment issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abrs recruitment contractors payment issues

Great Company to work for. Great team and no payment issues at all if you are working with them. Thumbs up...
    Last edited by masoodalam; 3 October 2013, 14:57.

Response in relation to issue

Hi masoodalam,

I work in the Marketing Department at abrs and have just come across this thread...I was obviously concerned on first read and so have spoken with our accounts team and they have advised me that your problem has been solved.

I have checked with our accounts department and see that your invoice was paid on its due date and that you were notified of this at the time. I have also checked through the communication and can see that your queries were answered quickly and clearly on every occasion.

We have an automated, secure e-time sheet system and self bill system available on request. Although, as many of our clients have their own systems, we do have to deviate from this and currently use multiple systems for all of our contracts, so all of this is overseen manually by our accounts team.

According to the dates on our system, your payments were made on time so we wonder if your bank is one of the few that processes the payments more slowly, in which case the finance team can look into bringing your payment forward by a couple of days. If you had taken the time to communicate directly with the team rather than posting this thread it could have been dealt with even more quickly.

I also understand that members of our recruitment work within office of your employer occasionally and would be happy to talk to you, if you have any questions at all.

Just to clarify and alleviate any concerns - abrs is a 12 million turnover business that has never borrowed a penny, we are financially strong with a 92% credit rating. We're not going anywhere!

We are also committed to providing a great service to our customers and I will ask somebody from our accounts department to get in touch to ensure that you are now completely happy with the service you are receiving.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can personally do.

Kate (abrs Marketing Team)

Originally posted by masoodalam View Post
    Hi,

My current contract is through Abrs recruitment. The recruitment consultant was great and helped me secure this contract and negotiated with the client on my behalf.

But now 6 weeks down the line and I have to send emails back and forth to get my payments clear. Because they do not have proper on-line invoice clearing and tracking system, they do it manually. I am still having problems getting paid timely and not very impressed. I was having doubts if this company is winding up and holding my money ....

Any one working with them have same experience ?

Comment

Another lesson in picking up the phone and speaking to people rather than doing it by email I think......
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Last edited by masoodalam; Today at 15:57
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Yep, Abrs does appear to be more professional than masoodalam.

Hi,

My current contract is through Abrs recruitment. The recruitment consultant was great and helped me secure this contract and negotiated with the client on my behalf.

But now 6 weeks down the line and I have to send emails back and forth to get my payments clear. Because they do not have proper on-line invoice clearing and tracking system, they do it manually. I am still having problems getting paid timely and not very impressed. I was having doubts if this company is winding up and holding my money ....

Any one working with them have same experience ?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X