• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Given that financial sales reps must declare their % commissions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that financial sales reps must declare their % commissions...

....shouldn't charities, who typically spend less than 10% of the funds raised on directly helping their beneficiaries, also be obliged to declare that percentage when chugging?

I adopt a simple rule:

Chugging = too much money therefore cross it off the list and give to a different charity.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I adopt a simple rule:

Chugging = too much money therefore cross it off the list and give to a different charity.
      +1.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Nothing wrong with chugging. Its the people that fall for it which is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Nothing wrong with chugging. Its the people that fall for it which is annoying.
          Loads wrong with it and that's not including the facts it often takes the charity over a year of your direct debit donations before they make any money and chuggers are annoying idiots who take up valuable London pavement space.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Likewise, the amount of charities that are so desperately in need of cash, that they are "forced" to spend a shedload of money on expensive TV advertising for "just two pounds a month"

Comment

I worked in an office that had chuggers outside, they had groups to the left and right of the door on a pedestrianized road.

I would get stopped at least twice a day and I swear I was close to punching them at times. Especially the ones that jumped in front of you waving their arms shouting "hey there". They just really annoyed the feck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
                ....shouldn't charities, who typically spend less than 10% of the funds raised on directly helping their beneficiaries, also be obliged to declare that percentage when chugging?
                What was the last multi-billion scale misseling scandal involving charities? Money given to charities are gone from the person who gave them, where as with financial sales reps the illusion is that the money are invested and will return back with hefty profits - totally different situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
                  And are you going to offer any evidence for that assertion, or is it just some utter horsetulip you heard off a bloke in the pub?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    And are you going to offer any evidence for that assertion, or is it just some utter horsetulip you heard off a bloke in the pub?
                    Maybe he meant that only those charities, who typically spend less than 10% ... should be required to declare it. If they spend 11%, they're fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X