• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuuuming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuuuming

I need a rant.

I have banked with Lloyds for maybe 19 years, and not really had any major issues.

I have had one [generic] letter from them with regard to the TSB split, that was about 2 weeks ago. I was not told any of my accounts were to be moved from Lloyds to TSB.

I log on to my account tonight, to find my savings account has disappeared. I can also see details of a pension - I have no pension with Lloyds.

I'm being told by Lloyds that my savings must have been moved to TSB. They can offer no explanation for this, and insist I'd have been notified in writing. TSB have no record of me, or of any account in my name. No one can explain why I can see a pension account on my screen.

I sense much of tomorrow is going to spent roaring at someone in a branch.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Feck going down branch, screen grab the pension details and phone up the papers, ask for a cash reward for getting them a juicy story.

While you are on the phone tell them about your mates at CUK an their thoughts on bob developers.

Comment

Seems unlikely you're the only one affected.

Hope you find your savings!

Edit: Unhappy people here
      Last edited by mudskipper; 15 September 2013, 20:07.

Comment

This is getting worse. I have taken a screen grab, good idea.

Lloyds are being supremely unhelpful and continue to transfer me to TSB, telling me that all my security information will be the same.

It's not, of course. Because I don't exist for TSB.

It seems my savings have, for the time being, completely disappeared.

But on the plus side, I've gained a pension!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Feck going down branch, screen grab the pension details and phone up the papers, ask for a cash reward for getting them a juicy story.

While you are on the phone tell them about your mates at CUK an their thoughts on bob developers.

At one point I did sort of hiss 'Sorry to interrupt you DAVID, but the spectacular level of disinterest you're showing is some clue as to the level of carnage this 'split' has caused'
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I can't pay a reward for a story but I am a tech journalist...
            My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
              I can imagine a PM winging its way to you as we speak!

Give 'em hell MP.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
                Well. Sorry to bore you all, but I'm going to be paying a visit to a TSB branch tomorrow. The reason I have never received a letter is because the address they're holding is one from around 12 years ago.

That has to be a system screw up, right? All my Lloyds accounts had my current address associated as of last week.

It seems someone at that address has been busy attempting to access my 'new' TSB account based on the letters they've been opening.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Well. Sorry to bore you all, but I'm going to be paying a visit to a TSB branch tomorrow. The reason I have never received a letter is because the address they're holding is one from around 12 years ago.

That has to be a system screw up, right? All my Lloyds accounts had my current address associated as of last week.

It seems someone at that address has been busy attempting to access my 'new' TSB account based on the letters they've been opening.
                  I really would let Dominic know, they shouldn't be allowed to keep this quiet.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I really would let Dominic know, they shouldn't be allowed to keep this quiet.
                    WCS

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X