• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foriegn Nationals, Ltd Companies and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foriegn Nationals, Ltd Companies and IR35

A lot of overseas chaps here at the Beeb are working through Ltds.

They are all on visas of some description so are not naturslused citizens of UK.

There's nothing wrong with this as such but I thought there were ceratain restrictions with these visas.

None of them seem to have heard of IR35 either. Woul they be subject to the same stuff as us? I guess so but any sign of aggro and I guess they could up sticks and go home....

I wouldn't get involved, it will probably make your blood boil when you start looking in to it so I would just walk away and try ignore it IMO.

If you want to see what type of crap they try and pull have a look at the immigration forums

Immigrationboards.com :: Index
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

An example of a debate and attitudes on T1 Entrepreneur visas is here

Immigrationboards.com :: View topic - honest answer guys,why are we desperate for this tier1 visa?

Comment

We were talking about similar activities on Sunday. Basically there are working visas and business visas. Presuming they are on working visas, they are breaking the law if they have their own limited company to sell their services. However, there is no process to enforce visa compliance once the person is in the UK. It’s a known fact that foreigners will use a limited company, run up debts and then bugger off at the end of the year without paying tax and leaving massive debts.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I wouldn't get involved, it will probably make your blood boil when you start looking in to it so I would just walk away and try ignore it IMO.

If you want to see what type of crap they try and pull have a look at the immigration forums

I always thought they were on ICTs unless theyd been here long enough to get citizenship.

At least there its only in the big corporate clients where they compete with uk nationals.

Seems like they can set up and be in direct competition right across the board.

Comment

Aren't you banned from there?

Comment

An example of a debate and attitudes on T1 Entrepreneur visas is here

Immigrationboards.com :: View topic - honest answer guys,why are we desperate for this tier1 visa?
              Crikey, hard to tell if they're for real or if they're fake Indian sockies!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Aren't you banned from there?
                LOL yes.. Probably the first time someone has been banned from a forum before ever logging in

Oh I think they are mostly for real. Spend a bit of time on there and you will come of seriously pissed off. They obviously discuss how to get around all the rules. Stumping up the cash for the Entrepreneurial visas has plenty of sly tricks explained.

Have a look out of interest if you want but it will piss you off.

Comment

But they are right - if the rules allow abuse, and the government doesn't want them to be abused, they need to tighten up. (NLadyUK can recommend a good surgeon)

Comment

LOL yes.. Probably the first time someone has been banned from a forum before ever logging in

Oh I think they are mostly for real. Spend a bit of time on there and you will come of seriously pissed off. They obviously discuss how to get around all the rules. Stumping up the cash for the Entrepreneurial visas has plenty of sly tricks explained.

Have a look out of interest if you want but it will piss you off.
                    Wot, like CUK'ers talking about how to avoid IR35 traps?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X