• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the best comment in source code you have ever encountered?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best comment in source code you have ever encountered?

What is the best comment in source code you have ever encountered? - Stack Overflow
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

think I once put:

To whom it may concern: Good Luck trying to figure this out!
    Join IPSE

Comment

I found the "abandon hope..." at the top of a p&p calculation routine.

Comment

TRY. " Do or do not, there is no try
        CATCH..
        ENDTRY.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Lots of error logs in the program I'm working on which say "to get here you're in real trouble dude".
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

'veni, vidi, scripsi'

and the perennial favourite

'this shouldn't happen'
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

i=i+1 ' Add 1 to i
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

//I got paid £500 today and all I did was write this comment! PERMIE SCUM.

Comment

// If reach here the unit is on fire

Comment

Related: when I was writing game conversions in the 80s, some publishers would insist on a cheat code in the game. The idea was that once the initial sales had died down, the games mags would publish the cheat code, and it would boost sales briefly. (Yes, all those "secret cheat codes" in the games mags were actually given to them by the publishers. You were fourteen and thought it was a real secret. Not your fault.)

All mine were abuse directed at the leader of the government and her cronies. They didn't get published

Comment

Working...
                    X