• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School fees!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School fees!

Ouch! Yowzer!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ouch! Yowzer!
    Its not cheap. Watch for the trick of the class size being not much smaller than the maximum size a state school is allowed (For Reception and Year 1 a class cannot have more than 30 children in it).

But then there is the other side. Up north a lot of private schools are running with very precarious finances and are having no choice but to close as say 10 pupils leave and suddenly the figures don't add up.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

At the local comp(well faith school) I have spent a small fortune in the last month. Uniforms (blazers, skirts and trousers) have to have school logo, all PE kit is perscribed. Raincoats have to be black with no logo, as do rucksacks. Shoes are black, sensible, lace-ups. I am surprised they don't specify the underwear.

Then school funds, school trips, school dinners abnd a fund for disadvantaged children.

I might as well have gone private. Except that the autistic ones can't go to private school.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Its not cheap. Watch for the trick of the class size being not much smaller than the maximum size a state school is allowed (For Reception and Year 1 a class cannot have more than 30 children in it).

But then there is the other side. Up north a lot of private schools are running with very precarious finances and are having no choice but to close as say 10 pupils leave and suddenly the figures don't add up.
        Its an excellent school, the best in the area - class size in reception is about 15, teachers are older (always a good sign), warm and kindly, fantastic facilities including a pool, a beautiful setting. SG junior loves it already.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Its an excellent school, the best in the area - class size in reception is about 15, teachers are older (always a good sign), warm and kindly, fantastic facilities including a pool, a beautiful setting. SG junior loves it already.
          I would argue over the older bit being a good sign. Experience is fine but you have to watch out for time serving and weary.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I would argue over the older bit being a good sign. Experience is fine but you have to watch out for time serving and weary.
            Baby BP had a 21 year old teacher last year. She was very good - and given 5 years she will make a brilliant teacher.

My she was pretty though. I loved my 6 weeks off and picking him up at the school gates every day. Made me wish I was in her classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Baby BP had a 21 year old teacher last year. She was very good - and given 5 years she will make a brilliant teacher.

My she was pretty though. I loved my 6 weeks off and picking him up at the school gates every day. Made me wish I was in her classroom.

we need a thread for Cukers with their brain in their underpants!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                we need a thread for Cukers with their brain in their underpants!
                Good idea. Off you go, then.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

We don't bother with private schools waste of money.

Tarquin and Jacinta both have violin and Latin lessons at the local comp & love nothing more than popping around at the weekend to their class friends Brads and Chardonays council house to take a food package and witness their parents drunk on the sofa.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    At the local comp(well faith school) I have spent a small fortune in the last month. Uniforms (blazers, skirts and trousers) have to have school logo, all PE kit is perscribed. Raincoats have to be black with no logo, as do rucksacks. Shoes are black, sensible, lace-ups. I am surprised they don't specify the underwear.

Then school funds, school trips, school dinners abnd a fund for disadvantaged children.

I might as well have gone private. Except that the autistic ones can't go to private school.
                    WHS - no idea how low income families manage it. Just the bus pass this year was £1030.

Comment

Working...
                    X