• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Recommendation - working overseas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant Recommendation - working overseas

Can anyone recommend an accountant/accounting firm who they have used when contracting abroad (within the EU)?

The client is in France, but my contract is with a Dutch company based in the Netherlands.

So my invoices will go to the Netherlands and they will be the ones paying me.

It's a short contract (a month, maybe a bit longer).
    Last edited by uffe; 17 September 2013, 12:12.

Bearing in mind each country has a different set of rules and agreements do you not think it would be prudent to actually ask for an accountant with experience in certain countries?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It does rather depend on the actual country! Which one(s) do you mean?

Comment

Which countries

The client is in France, but my contract is with a Dutch company based in the Netherlands.

So my invoices will go to the Netherlands and they will be the ones paying me.

It's a short contract (a month, maybe a bit longer).

Comment

If you're dealing with the Netherlands then you're likely better off going through a local Umbrella as the tax laws are draconian there as far as I know and they simply tax everyone as PAYE regardless of how you're trading. My suggestion would be to find a Dutch accountant and discuss with them first to ensure you're OK on that side of things, and then find a UK accountant if necessary. Your client or agent should be able to recommend someone.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
          X