• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1-2-3 Santander Account -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-2-3 Santander Account -

Opened two of these current accounts yesterday. For anyone who's got a bit of cash in the bank & needs access to it, this account is worth it's weight in gold.

1% on water, council tax bills and Santander mortgage payments
    2% on gas and electricity bills
    3% on mobile phone, home phone, broadband and paid-for TV packages

In addition, it pays 3% interest on balances up to £20000.
    You can open two accounts, so effectively 3% on £40000 with the cashback. Costs £2 per month per account.

Worth signing up for.

MF in 'IFA' Mode.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Did wonder about these accounts a while back, no particular reason to change, but seems the maffs is good, innit?!
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
      Did wonder about these accounts a while back, no particular reason to change, but seems the maffs is good, innit?!
      You don't need to change. That's a misnomer.

You can open the account, all you have to do is transfer £500 in per month and put in two direct debits per account.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yep I have one of these. Didn't realise the threshold for the interest rate was so high, I thought it was more like £5k... if that's the case I should be using these to hold my dividends ASAP!

My parents had 4 accounts with another bank who did something similar, all paying £1000 a month in a big circle to meet the requirements.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Been tempted - my cash ISA's with Santander, and you can get an extra 1% if you have a 123 account.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Been tempted - my cash ISA's with Santander, and you can get an extra 1% if you have a 123 account.
            You do? we have ISAs with them too and never picked up on that one. We do get the 1-2-3 credit card for free as customers, which also gives decent cash-back on supermarket spends.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              That's quite a boost on the return of an ISA, sounds like a no brainer even if it's just used as a holding account to cycle some cash through to meet the requirements.

Comment

With the new 7 day switching rules, banks are now planning to insist that the donor account is closed as part of the transfer so might need to get in quick
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've had my 123 account for 6 months maybe and only just discovered you can have 2.

Just applied for my 2nd one last night.

3% is the highest "normal" saving account at the moment, even though it is technically a current account.

(I have a Nationwide one that pays 6% but that's only on balances up to £2500 - every little helps right :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    With the new 7 day switching rules, banks are now planning to insist that the donor account is closed as part of the transfer so might need to get in quick
                    No need to switch, just open them as new accounts in addition to your exisiting ones.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X