• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the Opposite of a Benefit Cheat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the Opposite of a Benefit Cheat?

Officials who caught benefits cheat found she was entitled to more than she stole - Manchester Evening News

when officials reassessed her case, they found that she should have been claiming child benefits and tax credits of £130 a week.

That was £64 MORE than the £66 a week she was actually getting through her fraud.
    Coffee's for closers

Did she ask SAS to explain the complexities of the benefit system ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

It is the same as a contractor going direct
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

still a benefit cheat.

You could be buying Andyw's mum frilly undies on the company.

HMRC could investigate you and find you are fraudulently claiming for 'professional services and work attire' but highlight an allowance for medical care that you may use.

You will still get fined for frillies and sent to prison.

Its a pity the benefits system is so complicated, this girl was probably just scared that her benefits would never restart.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm just surprised psychocandy's actually a woman.

Comment

Did we not discuss this in February when the story was new?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Got to love what her legal rep has said.

"Julian Farley, defending, told Macclesfield magistrates court “She would have actually saved the government money if she had continued the fraud. It is the most ridiculous mitigation I have put forward in a court.”

Comment

“This case is extraordinary and perhaps an indictment of the benefits system."
                Yep. Just like the tax system, it's hugely complex and bureaucratic.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I hope they've backdated her benefits.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                  X