• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I keep dreaming of trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep dreaming of trains

Not the Freudian train going into a tunnel scenario but just being on a train, waiting for a train, being in a rush to get a train and missing a train.

Any significance?

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    Not the Freudian train going into a tunnel scenario but just being on a train, waiting for a train, being in a rush to get a train and missing a train.

Any significance?
    Gricer!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Gricer!
      Harsh!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You haven't been listening to that KLF ambient album of train noises by any chance ?
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

[QUOTE=amcdonald;1809276]You haven't been listening to that KLF ambient album of train noises by any chance ?[/QUOTE
          Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          You haven't been listening to that KLF ambient album of train noises by any chance ?
          No but you used to be able to buy (and maybe you still can) recordings of passing trains as if experienced from the trackside.

Each track would begin with the ambient summer sounds of bees buzzing and crickets chirping. Then there would be a distant rumble and one would gradually be able to discern the distinctive puff puff puff sound of a steam loco. All of this from one speaker. Then, as the recording reached a crescendo, the train would cross the room with full Doppler effect to the other speaker, blowing its whistle before the track faded out with the clackitty clack of the receding carriages .

I can remember Sir Nigel Gresley puffing away and blowing his hooter across my parent's living room many times as a boy.
          Last edited by Chunk; 17 September 2013, 15:04.

Comment

Train
            To see a train in your dream represents conformity. You are just going along with what everyone else is doing. Alternatively, a train means that you are very methodical. You need to lay things out specifically and do things in an orderly and sequential manner. In particular, if you see a freight train, then it refers to the burdens and problems that you are hauling around. It is also symbolic of manual labor. If you see a passenger train, then it relates to mental work. If you see or play with a model train in your dream, then it indicates that you want more control and power over your own life and where it is headed. Dreaming of trains may also be a metaphor that you are "in training" for some event, job or goal. According to Freud, a train is analogous to the male penis.

To dream that you are on a train symbolizes your life's journey. It suggests that you are on the right track in life and headed in the right direction. Alternatively, the dream means that you have a tendency to worry needlessly over a situation that will work out in the end. To see or dream that you are in a train wreck suggests chaos. The path to your goals are not going according to the way you planned it out. You are lacking self-confidence and having doubt in your ability to reach your goals.�If you dream that a train collides with a car, then it indicates that your life goals are in conflict with your belief system. Perhaps someone wants you to pursue a goal that you are not passionate about. To dream that someone is hit by a train implies that they are on the wrong path in life. Perhaps you need to guide them in the right direction. Such dreams may also be a projection of your own Self. In other words, you are on the wrong life path and need to alter your course.

To dream that you are the engineer signifies that you are in complete control of a particular situation in your waking life.

To dream that you miss a train denotes missed opportunities. It also suggests that you are ill-prepared for a new phase in your life. You may be procrastinating or putting things off that should have already been completed.

Source : http://dreammoods.com
            Last edited by GSL; 17 September 2013, 15:05. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by GSL View Post
              Train
              To see a train in your dream represents conformity. You are just going along with what everyone else is doing. Alternatively, a train means that you are very methodical. You need to lay things out specifically and do things in an orderly and sequential manner. In particular, if you see a freight train, then it refers to the burdens and problems that you...
              In my dreams I don't need trains because I can run or cycle so fast I overtake them with very little effort.

Perhaps it explains why I keep waking up with creaking ankles and knees.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Any significance?
                What about being stark naked in a train, and it's pulling into a station with a crowd waiting to get on?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Any significance?
                  Are you going to be catching a train soon?

Comment

I have a 3 year old like that. They can tell you where to change to get from any tube station to any tube station. They can tell just by looking at the lights what kind of main line train he is looking at. Watches trains endlessly in youtube. And so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X