• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comping - Current Plan B......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comping - Current Plan B......

Ok I know it might sound silly but I am giving comping a go. Current gig is winding down so I have plenty of time to try out some Plan B's. The first one I am trying is comping, so far applied to about 200 competitions with ease (google chrome completes all the forms for me).

Now to think of a proper plan B as I have applied to all the competitions for today.....
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 17 September 2013, 15:11.

Will you be needing a tint and a slooping bog?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Mate of mine used to do this, she won all sorts of crap, perfect if you are at home all day or sat in front of a PC somewhere, let us know when you win a fitted kitchen!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        perfect ... if you are sat in front of a PC somewhere
        So an alternative to posting on CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          So an alternative to posting on CUK?
          Getting a bikini wax with sandpaper is a better alternative to posting on CUK, I just can't help myself though and keep coming back!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Will you be needing a tint and a slooping bog?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mich the Tester again.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Mate of mine used to do this, she won all sorts of crap, perfect if you are at home all day or sat in front of a PC somewhere, let us know when you win a fitted kitchen!
              Will update you on my progress on here - got 2.5 months of comping to go in this initial part of the experiment.

Comment

I did this for around a year. There used to be a forum for it that everyone posted the ones from can's/packets that didn't need a purchase as well.

Remember anything easy will be done. Your money is in setting a process up for bulk printing the back of postcards and other stuff people can't be arsed to do. I took 1000's of the free postcards you see advertised in pubs and had a word merge job going. Every friday just printed 100's of them off and merged the comp address. The ones that wanted a tie breaker or answer question were a bit of pain in the ass.

Cost of 2nd class stamps wasn't pretty either.

I won quite a few things but nothing useful. Toilet seat with drawing pins in, dog gravy, 7 different colour hair dyes, two 1 carat uncut emeralds (not worth the card they arrived taped to!) and a mini keyring torch thing. My best win was a years supply of either Tiger or Cobra beer, I forget which. ****** A1 win that... until I tried to claim and they were going through a merger or something so they wouldn't honour it. Spend loads of time on it and solictor just advised I drop it. F all I could do

BTW you are going to have to be very lucky in 2.5 months. The forum used to have example figures of how many people entered certain comps and in some case it was many many hundreds of thousands for one prize so you are playing the numbers game when they are stacked against you. You are gonna need a lot longer than that to start reaping the rewards.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 17 September 2013, 16:04.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Actually, I think I should have kept all that to myself
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I went through a phase of this.

My best slogan (still can't believe it didn't win!) was for a cafe called
                    'pizza one pancakes too'

Pizza one pancakes too
                    Caeser ate one, Brutus et tu.

Comment

Working...
                    X