• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business current account switching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business current account switching

Are we finally going to see the competition for business accounts that retail account holders have enjoyed for a while now?

What do new switching rules mean for small businesses? | This is Money

"For 13 months the new current account provider will arrange for payments accidentally made to the old account to be automatically redirected to the new account." - well that solves the biggest problem for moving business accounts, if it works.

Most of the banks currently have introductory offers of 12-18 months 'free' banking for new start-ups. I predict that in the not so distant future these will morph into introductory free banking for any small business that switches accounts, not just start-ups.

And then perhaps, just perhaps, when they realise that saving a fiver in fees per month might not be enough to tempt many businesses away from the competition we might just see a gradual rise in the interest rates offered to match that of retail accounts. That would be nice.

Wishful thinking?

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    "For 13 months the new current account provider will arrange for payments accidentally made to the old account to be automatically redirected to the new account." - well that solves the biggest problem for moving business accounts, if it works.
    I've not heard of this until now but it sounds like a good idea.

I've switched banks myself recently, it took almost one month and was a pain. Everything was sent in the post (second class) and took an age to process! Hopefully the new rules will make switching much easier.

Comment

Working...
    X