• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private drunk tanks - Yea or Nay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private drunk tanks - Yea or Nay?

Just for colour :

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York - YouTube

So should we have private drunk tanks or should the Police just do their job properly?

Police Back Private 'Drunk Tanks' For Revellers
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I agree with it, but doubt many will pay the 'charge', and I also doubt it will act as any sort of deterrent.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Who's going to drive them?

I remember occasionally going to a pub called The Windmill in Wandsworth (or was it Cla'hm Common?) and one night a tank full of the beautiful people rocked up! All had flowers in their hair.

Comment

Can't we put them in the drunk tank then drop it in the thames?

Quite why hospitals treat anyone who is drunk is beyond me.

Comment

I always get annoyed when I watch any of those shows following the police around.

You see a group of women effing and blinding, pissing on the side of the road, etc, and the police roll up, put them in the van and give them a life home and maybe a warning.
          Then you see a couple of guys who are drunk, shouting and swearing, and it's either a fixed penalty or off to the cop shop for the night, followed by a fine.

As long as private drunk tanks don't give any sort of money back to the police then I don't see a major issue - a private facility instead of a cell - but I'd be wary of anything which encouraged the police to send people there rather than giving a warning, and I think it may put more focus on whether "Section 5" is overused if people are suddenly faced with large bills when in the past they would have got a warning and sent home.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I agree with it, but doubt many will pay the 'charge', and I also doubt it will act as any sort of deterrent.
            Don't see why not, you can't usually escape a parking fine - it would be just like that.
            Criminal offence if you fail to give your address on sobering up.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Don't see why not, you can't usually escape a parking fine - it would be just like that.
              Criminal offence if you fail to give your address on sobering up.
              If the miscreant is a benefits claimant spending their JSA on booze there's not a whole lot you can do to get money from them.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yea.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If the miscreant is a benefits claimant spending their JSA on booze there's not a whole lot you can do to get money from them.
                  New law to dock JSA then.
                  Something very wrong if people are spending that on booze.
                  FFS sometimes I despair of the stupidity (or maybe "spoiledness", to coin a term) of the populace.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Change the law so that you can stop their benefit if they don't pay the fine, problem solved
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X