• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Owl fails to deliver the goods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owl fails to deliver the goods

I like stories about owls, for obvious reasons

Wedding delayed as ring-bearing owl goes for a sleep

A wedding service was delayed when an owl bearing rings fell asleep in the church roof.

Darcy the barn owl was meant to fly down the aisle at Holy Cross Church in Sherston, Wiltshire, and deliver rings to Sonia Cadman and Andrew Matley.

Instead the one-year-old owl flew into the church roof to roost. It took about an hour to get her down.
    Some people find it so hard to think outside the box - All the best man had to do was wave a dead rat in the air, and the owl would have swooped down to the altar straight away and delivered the rings on cue!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I like stories about owls, for obvious reasons

Wedding delayed as ring-bearing owl goes for a sleep

Some people find it so hard to think outside the box - All the best man had to do was wave a dead rat in the air, and the owl would have swooped down to the altar straight away and delivered the rings on cue!
    I know that outfit - they do falconry too. They were lucky they got the owl to go that far - he wouldn't get out his box when they did a display at our local dogshow.
    I had to do a few circuits of the show ring on my recumbent bike to fill in until they got the falcons ready.

Comment

#AccidentalPartridge
      Last edited by NickFitz; 18 September 2013, 23:31. Reason: linkitudination

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        I know that outfit - they do falconry too. They were lucky they got the owl to go that far - he wouldn't get out his box when they did a display at our local dogshow. ...
        I was once watching a display of owlconry, or whatever they call the equivalent of falconry with owls.

For a few minutes the thing refused to budge off its perch, and it seemed to be looking right at me, more often than not, although I was some distance from it.

After a while I had a hunch the large sunglasses I was wearing (and nobody near me was wearing any) might be making it nervous, as they could be construed as a large pair of round eyes. Sure enough, almost the moment I took them off, it took off itself and started swooping here there and everywhere!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Owl join in with this:

BBC News - 'Rescue owl' in Aberdeenshire was a garden ornament
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
          X