• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tiresome new cold-call opener by agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiresome new cold-call opener by agents

*ring ring*
    CS: "Hello?"
    Agent: "Hi, is that cybersquatter?"
    CS: "Yes?"
    Agent: "Hi, it's [Karl/Ricky/Jamie] from XYZ Recruitment Solutions, how are you doing?"

How am I doing? I've never spoken to you in my life.

I assume this is some kind of "disarm" tactic, but I find it very offputting and I don't really know what to say to it except "er, fine, what do you want?"

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
    Agent: "Hi, it's Joey from Friends. How you doing?"
    FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
      *ring ring*
      CS: "Hello?"
      Agent: "Hi, is that cybersquatter?"
      CS: "Yes?"
      Agent: "Hi, it's [Karl/Ricky/Jamie] from XYZ Recruitment Solutions, how are you doing?"

How am I doing? I've never spoken to you in my life.

I assume this is some kind of "disarm" tactic, but I find it very offputting and I don't really know what to say to it except "er, fine, what do you want?"
      Jesus. Someone askes you how you're doing as an opener on a phone call and you have no idea what to say???? You're like bloody rainman.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I get the same from my users. Occasionally I tell them how I am. That I am fed up with their stupid, thick quiestions that they could work out and to leave me in peace on the counting thread or I will go out and get a gun and slot them.

They don't ask again.

Comment

This isn't new. Have you only just started in the job market?

On the other end of the spectrum, I got a new contact at my agency, who, until she'd met me, insisted on calling me Mr There, instead of the usual NotAll. It's a German thing, apparently.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cheeky bastards, phoning people up, saying hello. Everyone knows they're wideboys and supposed to say 'aawrite geezer'.

Next thing they'll be trying to find you work.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X