• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letzgo Hunting - anything wrong with that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letzgo Hunting - anything wrong with that?

BBC News - Letzgo Hunting denies blame for man's suicide

Det Insp Martin Hillier, of Nottinghamshire Police, said the force was encountering "a worrying increase in those who think they can take the law into their own hands when it comes to internet grooming cases".

"If you suspect someone of online grooming or sexual offences, or indeed any crime, the only course of action should be to call the police immediately."

I disagree. Until the police setup their own honeypot unit.

I thought that this was a travesty.

Who the fook do these people think they are that they can go around acting as vigilantes, setting up honey traps, filming people, following people, dressing up as batman and tieing themselves to a politicians roof. Legends in their own minds.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      BBC News - Letzgo Hunting denies blame for man's suicide

Det Insp Martin Hillier, of Nottinghamshire Police, said the force was encountering "a worrying increase in those who think they can take the law into their own hands when it comes to internet grooming cases".

"If you suspect someone of online grooming or sexual offences, or indeed any crime, the only course of action should be to call the police immediately."

I disagree. Until the police setup their own honeypot unit.
      You are making a worrying assumption. Most of us on this board work in or around IT. That means most of the people we encounter are brighter than average. Although many do randomly stupid things at one time or another, they are still quite bright. Now compare that with the people that are in a 100 meter radius of you if you stand on a busy corner of any street in most towns.

Case in point, I went to a local village meeting last week in an area apparently over populated with people from the A+B economic groups. The meeting was held in order to discuss the proposal to build new houses in local the area and the impact of doing so. My overwhelming urge after listening to the meeting for 10 minutes was to agree to build as many houses as possible in order to try and raise the average IQ by at least 3 points.

The herd are ******* retards that shouldn't be trusted to vote or offer opinion on anything let alone do anything as dangerous as accuse someone of buggering kids...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        You are making a worrying assumption. Most of us on this board work in or around IT. That means most of the people we encounter are socially inept cretinous vermin.
        FTFY

Comment

The herd are ******* retards that shouldn't be trusted to vote or offer opinion on anything let alone do anything as dangerous as accuse someone of buggering kids...
          WHS
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You are making a worrying assumption. Most of us on this board work in or around IT. That means most of the people we encounter are brighter than average. Although many do randomly stupid things at one time or another, they are still quite bright. Now compare that with the people that are in a 100 meter radius of you if you stand on a busy corner of any street in most towns.

Case in point, I went to a local village meeting last week in an area apparently over populated with people from the A+B economic groups. The meeting was held in order to discuss the proposal to build new houses in local the area and the impact of doing so. My overwhelming urge after listening to the meeting for 10 minutes was to agree to build as many houses as possible in order to try and raise the average IQ by at least 3 points.

These men were grooming what they thought were children. That does not fall into the one-off stupid category. That is the criminal category. They need neutering.

I don't understand why the police aren't setting the honeytraps themselves. Lack of money perhaps.

Comment

Personally I would much rather some nonce topped himself rather than kids get molested. Clearly I am old fashioned.

I don't understand modern society.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                These men were grooming what they thought were children. That does not fall into the one-off stupid category. That is the criminal category. They need neutering.

I don't understand why the police aren't setting the honeytraps themselves. Lack of money perhaps.
                Brillo, you're arguing against something entirely different to what bobspud said. He said, in short, that he doesn't like the idea of the 'general publick' forming vigilante groups because the general public are mostly too thick to do that job and are quite likely to draw the wrong conclusions and go after the wrong people with all the awful consequences of that. I agree with him. You then continue on your anger against paedo's, and I largely I agree with you there too, although cutting off the 'nads would be an irreversible punishment in the case of someone being found not guilty at appeal or retrial, so I wouldn't support that. As for the police setting up honeytraps, they do that for some crimes when they know that they have a legal basis for doing it, but as I understand it it's a complicated legal area, because you can't know if somebody would actually have committed a crime without being drawn into it.

Comment

Quite. And my cousin's a paediatrician.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    Quite. And my cousin's a paediatrician.
                    I guess he gets a lot of stick from the dimwitted sheeple.

Comment

Working...
                    X