• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid agency Hungup on me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid agency Hungup on me

This useless agency called me about a potential role that he might have in future-

I was like: Hmm right that’s interesting..

The guy(Agent) started asking me questions about my current gig and if I could provide a reference
    now so they won’t need one in future when they put my CV for the “potential” future role

I am like: Sorry I can’t do that, when you have a role please give me a ring.

The stupid bastard hung-up on me…

Very annyong….

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
      This useless agency called me about a potential role that he might have in future-

The guy(Agent) started asking me questions about my current gig and if I could provide a reference
      now so they won’t need one in future when they put my CV for the “potential” future role
      There's your mistake. That's where you hang up.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

tell them next time that they are at least supposed to bait the hook before going fishing......
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've started asking for payment for such valuable information. Actually had one agent ply me with free drinks in return for loads of contacts inside an IB I worked for. That way we're both happy. Him not as much as me, when I started on the cognac...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            And now in stereo.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
              I've started asking for payment for such valuable information. Actually had one agent ply me with free drinks in return for loads of contacts inside an IB I worked for. That way we're both happy. Him not as much as me, when I started on the cognac...
              Not only that the phone number you gave me was for the Samaritans
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post

I am like: Sorry I can’t do that, when you have a role please give me a ring.

The stupid bastard hung-up on me…

Very annyong….
                PEOPLE just wake up and make these stories up. OP - grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Not only that the phone number you gave me was for the Samaritans
                  would have thought that you would have that on speed dial dealing with us lot!

Help I am suicidal I have to place Vetran.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    That's an entirely rational position to take, as a recruiter I basically deal in information, obviously I'd prefer it to be free but I live in the real world.
                    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Working...
                    X