• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Genes for Jeans Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genes for Jeans Day

Genes for Jeans Day
    This Friday, and client co is going along with this nonsense. Paddy will be wearing a suit and tie.
    Q. What does the Genes for Jeans charity do?
    A. FA. They collect money and then take a percentage for administration and then donate to other charities. They do not do any charity work directly.
    Q. What percentage goes on administration?
    A. Well, Genes for Jeans won’t reveal that but there is office space, overheads salary, cars, conferences and advertising to pay for.
    Q. What happens to my £2 donation?
    A. Genes for Jeans takes their cut. What’s left over is donated to related charities in the UK or abroad. That 2nd charity will take their cut and will eventually be spent on anything from advertising to research. Paddy’s gestimate (based on other charities) is less than 10p
    I call it a scam.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Check here:
    Find charities - Charity Commission

You need to search for GENETIC DISORDERS UK

stupid Charity commission web site doesn't let you link directly to the appropriate data
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

An inyeresting take on charity I wad told by a friend.

His works with a buy who refuses to give to charity for the resons you mention. Instead whenever he travels to a word world country wbar he does is this - finds a well deserving individual who has an interesting story to tell and has performed some favours for him.

He was in Cambodia last year. His Wickshore driver was saving up to study to be an accountant. He didn't have his own motor - he was renting it and that meant he didn't get to save anything. So, he went to an ATM, withdrew 500 quid or so and but the little guy a motor.

Comment

I always wear jeans to work on a Friday.

But tomorrow I've got my graduation so will be dressing up as Harry Potter (with a nice dress underneath).

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
          An inyeresting take on charity I wad told by a friend.

His works with a buy who refuses to give to charity for the resons you mention. Instead whenever he travels to a word world country wbar he does is this - finds a well deserving individual who has an interesting story to tell and has performed some favours for him.

He was in Cambodia last year. His Wickshore driver was saving up to study to be an accountant. He didn't have his own motor - he was renting it and that meant he didn't get to save anything. So, he went to an ATM, withdrew 500 quid or so and but the little guy a motor.
          Maybe if you fix his computer for him he'll buy you a grammar and spelling checker.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            so will be dressing up as Harry Potter (with a nice dress underneath).
            You've just nailed Old Greg's No. 1 sexual fantasy.

Comment

Chunk is our latest lame troll.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Maybe if you fix his computer for him he'll buy you a grammar and spelling checker.

noooo - outed

its wossie

the beeb let him go

btw - buying someone a 'motor' - bad move on ongoing maintence, prob cant afford to wun it

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  You've just nailed Old Greg's No. 1 sexual fantasy.
                  Really, you want to hear about my No. 2 fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Its the latest iOS 7 feature

Comment

Working...
                    X