• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Audiobook recommendations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audiobook recommendations...

So, since I'm crawling along the M56 every morning/evening I need some good audio book recommendations...

Thinking along the lines of some Billy Connolly / Bill Hicks however only managed to find a few of these, anyone got an mp3 of all their standups?

Good novels?

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Not an audiobook as such but Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is fantastic when stuck in traffic.

Comment

50 shades of grey?

Comment

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is good

if you're into Sci-fi then the Blakes 7 audio books are worth a listen
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
          50 shades of grey?
          Think of the the logistics...

qh

Comment

Recently listened to Notes from a big country, by Bill Bryson on a long car journey to Germany. Would recommend that, as its made up of short parts, which means if you get distracted by the sat nav or road signs it won't ruin the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Not an audiobook as such but Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is fantastic when stuck in traffic.
              That was exactly what I was going to suggest.

If you use torrents there are loads on there. I remember seeing a Game of Thrones one which I would like to listen to. I downloaded the Harry Potter ones ages ago but they were just one huge audio file so right pain in the arse trying to get to where you were last so gave up on them.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Terry Pratchett - most of his are available.

LibriVox | free public domain audiobooks

AudioBooksForFree.com

525 Free Audio Books: Download Great Books for Free | Open Culture

there is some Dick & Lovecraft in there!

Plenty of classics
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Terry Pratchett - most of his are available.

LibriVox | free public domain audiobooks

AudioBooksForFree.com

525 Free Audio Books: Download Great Books for Free | Open Culture

there is some Dick & Lovecraft in there!

Plenty of classics
                  Gave you rep in past so won't let me, but much appreciated.

qh

Comment

I use Audible.co.uk. If you've got an iPod/iPhone they remember where you got to. Not sure what other devices support them.

In terms of content:

Fantasty:
                    Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry
                    Neil Gaiman's stuff read by the author

Thriller:
                    Lee Child read by Ron McLarty
                    David Baldacci's Camel Club

Comedy:
                    Simon Pegg's autobiography read by the author

Horror:
                    The Fall trilogy by Guillermo del Torro
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X