• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norman Wisdom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norman Wisdom

Watching on iPlayer - His Story.

I've read his bio so I know what's coming but it doesn't change what I know.

1. He was a genius and bloody good bloke.

2. His father was a bastard of the highest order...

My Russian missus just knows him as 'Pitkin!' - they had him on Soviet telly....

Odd how my comic heroes from this period are poles apart - Norman Wisdom and Spike Milligan....

Just watched that. Good program.

Mr Grimshawwwwwwwww!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Odd how my comic heroes from this period are poles apart - Norman Wisdom and Spike Milligan....
      How very true!
      Spike Milligan was hilarious, one might even say genius!

Norman Wisdom was, well about as funny as toothache!

At least he was consistent I suppose. And as for Lee Evans a poor imitation of a poor subject.

Each to his own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        not sure they are so far apart. both slapstick. one was physical and the other was mental.
        Last edited by DS23; 20 September 2013, 08:11. Reason: tyck

Comment

Working...
        X