• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody Ever Seen a Doctor or Nurse Wearing Niqab?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Ever Seen a Doctor or Nurse Wearing Niqab?

Thought not. So why are the Tories tulipstirring about it? They presumably see some benefit in inciting hatred, but what could it be?

They're not, apart from an outburst from a minor Tory MP, Dr Sarah Wollaston, but the media are stirring the pot once again to sell more print and airtime.

Could be the same thing misconstrued from a minor Liebour MP, but they're not in office, as if that makes a feck of difference to all but the media, which I hope you will realise.

So I suggest you enjoy another cool, refreshing real ale and carry on as before, Mr NickFitz.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Yes, at the King Abdhul Aziz Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

I saw 100s of them.

Comment

Roxxxy will wear whatever you ask her to, and she loves playing doctors and nurses.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

No. But then I live in a white middle class suburbia. If I lived in Bradford there's probably loads of them.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've been treated in both the main hospitals in bradford, and was unlucky enough to have to stay in the bradford royal infirmary for a couple of weeks. No sign of doctors or nurses wearing niqabs. Plenty of visitors wearing them though.

My wife has had two children in Airedale hospital, keighley (near bradford) and again there was no sign of any staff wearing face coverings.

If you don't see them here I would think the incidence of them occurring at all must be minuscule.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
              I've been treated in both the main hospitals in bradford, and was unlucky enough to have to stay in the bradford royal infirmary for a couple of weeks. No sign of doctors or nurses wearing niqabs. Plenty of visitors wearing them though.

My wife has had two children in Airedale hospital, keighley (near bradford) and again there was no sign of any staff wearing face coverings.

If you don't see them here I would think the incidence of them occurring at all must be minuscule.
              BBC News - Face veils in hospital under review
              Some hospitals say the veil can be worn for religious reasons. Others - including some in West Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and east London - rule the clothing is not permitted in order to ensure effective communication
              Don't be too sure about Bradford being an indicator the rest of the UK
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Every time I have been into an operating theatre everyone has had their face and hair covered, including me. Apparently this is normal.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Nurses who want to wear a veil could work on the blind ward. Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Nurses who want to wear a veil could work on the blind ward. Sorted.
                    An eminently sensible practical British compromise.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X