• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airport Lounge Access: Best Way?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airport Lounge Access: Best Way?

The holiday season is making me yearn for some lounge access. Tired of having to rough it alongside families waiting for delayed sunshine breaks.

I fly about 20 return trips a year for business. Always economy class. Mainly Europe but two or three long haul flights as well. I fly with whoever has the cheapest fare to keep costs down. The disadvantage is that I can never get many 'tier points' towards lounge access.

Does anyone have a good scheme for paying lounge access. One that works out at a decent price for around 40 airport visits a year. Although many of those will be rushed so I might only make use of it 20 time a year.

I'd be happy to pay a fiver a time. So a hundred a year would be fine. If it was more than two hundred a year I'd probably just rough it.

Originally posted by DieScum
    The holiday season is making me yearn for some lounge access. Tired of having to rough it alongside families waiting for delayed sunshine breaks.

I fly about 20 return trips a year for business. Always economy class. Mainly Europe but two or three long haul flights as well. I fly with whoever has the cheapest fare to keep costs down. The disadvantage is that I can never get many 'tier points' towards lounge access.

Does anyone have a good scheme for paying lounge access. One that works out at a decent price for around 40 airport visits a year. Although many of those will be rushed so I might only make use of it 20 time a year.

I'd be happy to pay a fiver a time. So a hundred a year would be fine. If it was more than two hundred a year I'd probably just rough it.
    Heres one: http://www.prioritypass.co.uk/

Personal strategy is to use Flynig Blue and generally fly KLM/Air Chance since I am usually going via AMS or CDG. Dropped back from Gold last year and haven't quite made it yet this year so when I'm transatlantic usually upgrade with points, especially if I have a longish stop in AMS or CDG.

Quite a lot of skyteam allow you to amass points on FF programs of any other skyteam member but you have to claim manually.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum

Buy some ear plugs, an eye mask and a spliff at Schiphol.
      HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Cultivate a friendship with a gold card member or two.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

fly business class and stop fecking about...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

egg money

Get an "egg money" credit card, and you get 50% off with these guys.

http://www.loungepass.com/loungepass...TOKEN=94561189

Makes them a pretty decent deal with the big chunk of a rebate.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
              Interesting. Business expense?

Comment

you need a Diners Club Card

that'll get you access to lounges in most airports

keeps you away from the riff raff, free drinks, grub and news papers

sorteeeeeeed

Milan.

Comment

Problem is, the cheaper this is, the more the riff raff will infiltrate business class forcing us into more expensive areas, er sorry, first class.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    you need a Diners Club Card

that'll get you access to lounges in most airports

keeps you away from the riff raff, free drinks, grub and news papers

sorteeeeeeed

Milan.
                    Most airports is a major exagerration. But it does work for some.

Comment

Working...
                    X