• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot vacancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot vacancy

Been sent this:

SQL Server DBA- 6 month Contract- £200

Our Healthcare client based in south Yorkshire require a SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) for an initial 6 month contract based in London.

Key Skills:

NHS experience - ideally Acute
    Strong SQL Server,2000,2005,2008
    SSIS

Followed by this:

SQL Server DBA- 6 month Contract- £250 DOE

Our Healthcare client based in south Yorkshire require a SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) for an initial 6 month contract.

Key Skills:

NHS experience - ideally Acute
    Strong SQL Server,2000,2005,2008
    SSIS

I find myself unavailable but for a 5% cut on the rate I will pm the name of the agency to the first bidder.
    Last edited by BigRed; 20 September 2013, 20:02. Reason: (can this be moved to general please ?)

I can trump that one Just been sent this gem of a role - £200 a day for an 'expert Java dev' (With the usual array of DB and Web skills) in Central London. Its from those jokers at Computer Futures so I imagine the end client are probably ponying up £400 a day to the pimp

"Hope you're well. I am currently working with one of London's top University's who are looking for an experienced Java Developer to start ASAP. The successful candidate's job purpose will be to
    build, validate and maintain databases to support clinical trials and other research activities. This is an initial 3 month contract which will extend that is paying around the £200 a day mark. Interviews will be next week.

Key Skills
    -Expert JAVA programming
    -Experience of designing, building and maintaining databases such as Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL and Access
    -Experience of using Oracle PLSQL
    -Proficient in Tomcat, Ajax, PHP

If interested and available in the coming weeks please respond with an up to date CV or get in touch to discuss further."

Think I'll give this one a miss for some reason...

Comment

We seem to be back to alphabet spaghetti job requirements.

HTML5, HTML, XHTML, .NET, MVC, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Javascript, AJAX, XML, XSLT, XSD, XPath, JSON, Web Services, WPF, SOA, WCF, SOAP, Web Controls, Entity Framework, VSS, Visual Studio, Jquery, C#.NET, SQL Server, LINQ, Front End, Middle, back, Unit testing, TFS, Architecture, TDD, Ioc, Agile, Scrum, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Rhino Mocks, Moq...

Must have 5 years plus in all above, excellent client facing skills, willing to travel at the drop of a hat to client sites, out of hours work required, salary £20K ish, if your lucky.

The perm market is awash with this sort of crap. It's laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
        Been sent this:

Key Skills:

NHS experience - ideally Acute - You'll hardly do any DBA work as you'll spend most of your contract trying to get your head around this tulipty tool

Strong SQL Server,2000,2005,2008 - We have one machine running 2008 and we're very proud of it, but you can't do anything on it, due to internal politics. All our systems run off SQL 2000/2005 with hardly any patching but if anything fails it'll be your fault.

SSIS - These are not working so we need some one to debug them, as they were created by a 3rd party company that no longer exist and are used by another external company who are threatening to sue us if we don't get them fixed by the end of the month.
        FTFY.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

£250/day in Yorkshire doesn't sound that far off to mess about as a DBA.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            FTFY.

qh
            When did you leave......
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              £250/day in Yorkshire doesn't sound that far off to mess about as a DBA.
              It's not exactly real work is it, telling everyone to piss off and leave the database alone, stop issuing queries it slows it down, stop inserting data it fills up the disks etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                We seem to be back to alphabet spaghetti job requirements.

HTML5, HTML, XHTML, .NET, MVC, CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Javascript, AJAX, XML, XSLT, XSD, XPath, JSON, Web Services, WPF, SOA, WCF, SOAP, Web Controls, Entity Framework, VSS, Visual Studio, Jquery, C#.NET, SQL Server, LINQ, Front End, Middle, back, Unit testing, TFS, Architecture, TDD, Ioc, Agile, Scrum, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Rhino Mocks, Moq...

Must have 5 years plus in all above, excellent client facing skills, willing to travel at the drop of a hat to client sites, out of hours work required, salary £20K ish, if your lucky.

The perm market is awash with this sort of crap. It's laughable.
                Just for a laugh I've tried dropping Monkey Mocks in your CV for contract with a similarily stupid skill set, there are so many stupid buzz words around they never even questioned me on it
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

It's not exactly real work is it, telling everyone to piss off and leave the database alone, stop issuing queries it slows it down, stop inserting data it fills up the disks etc, etc.
                  I like to issue a weekly report of the top 10 worst queries by elapsed time/CPU and asking the developers to fix them. Also whizz through Tempdb and point out that temporary tables would be better stored in memory by the app.

Even us northerners find £250 the bottom end of the market.

Comment

Users are the enemy.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X