• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NIMBYs of Surrey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIMBYs of Surrey

War declared on the Lycra louts on wheels - Telegraph

These cretins move out to places like Guildford and expect to be in the Countryside. I seem to remember another place in Surrey that did not want a centre to help disabled ex-servicemen as it would reduce property prices.

These are the selfish types who have caused the economic crisis and need deporting. At least the economic migrants who come to the UK put alot back. The inner city chavs have no chance since they have seen all their jobs offshored by twunts who then end up in places like Surrey.

Lets nuke Surrey and make this country great again.

They're right about the people who ride 2 or 3 abreast though.

I'm a cyclist myself but every time I drive over the Mendip Hills I get pissed off with encountering one "pelaton" after another and getting stuck behind them until there's a straight stretch of road where I can get past.

In my own case, I stick to quieter roads & if I'm with someone else I drop back in if there's a car coming up behind.

That said, I'm sure I detect an anti-cyclist sentiment that wasn't there 10 years or so ago. Sometimes you get abuse just for being there.

Comment

Bloke behaves like idiot. He happens to be on a bike, so lets blame that for his behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Bloke behaves like idiot. He happens to be on a bike, so lets blame that for his behaviour.
        These cyclists are clogging up the roads. I've lost track of the number of times Ive had a Lycra idiot kick out at my car as i pass giving them a few inches space. Stick to the bloody cycle lanes!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

KUATB!!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...outs-here.html
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

“I didn’t have a problem with the Olympics,” says Mrs Morley. “There was a great atmosphere. We were all proud of our country. The problem is that everybody now comes and practises on these roads,
            Yes Mrs Morley, that´s how medals get won. Stupid cow.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yes Mrs Morley, that´s how medals get won. Stupid cow.
              They all trained in France.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                They all trained in France.
                Who did?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  They're right about the people who ride 2 or 3 abreast though.

I'm a cyclist myself but every time I drive over the Mendip Hills I get pissed off with encountering one "pelaton" after another and getting stuck behind them until there's a straight stretch of road where I can get past.

In my own case, I stick to quieter roads & if I'm with someone else I drop back in if there's a car coming up behind.

That said, I'm sure I detect an anti-cyclist sentiment that wasn't there 10 years or so ago. Sometimes you get abuse just for being there.
                  This, when we lived there, the levels were full of cyclists all the time, riding 3 abreast, almost challenging you to knock them off. The only benefit, was the fit ones would be pumping it at about 20-25mph, so it wasn't that onerous; when you get a social bike club riding on a sat morning at 8mph 3 abreast, in a convoy of 30 of them, it's challenging to keep your temper, and I am a bike rider.

Some of them simply don't respect other road users.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    They all trained in Gran Canaria.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X