• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good to see Labour sticking to its working class roots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see Labour sticking to its working class roots

People on £60,000 aren’t rich, says Labour's Rachel Reeves - Telegraph

Why do the poor (anyone under average wage of £30k a year) vote Labour?

I can see through Labour's plans already. They are targetting the middle class Tory voters now. I am guessing some kind of carrots in form of tax credits etc will be dangled to "not rich" chaps to get them to vote Labour.

Typical bloody idiots.Borrow billions and pay off the voters and be in power for eternity. What can go wrong? Twunts.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The trouble is they are right. £60k is not a lot of money if you have a family.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        The trouble is they are right. £60k is not a lot of money if you have a family.
        Or a butler.

Comment

The problem with taxing the very rich - is that there are not many of them.

They've already spent the "mansion tax" and the "bankers bonus tax" a dozen times over because it doesn't raise that much money compared to taxing the masses

Comment

Labour are starting to tentatively throw out thoughts and little bits of policy to see how it comes back in opinion, they will keep doing that for the next 6 months until they work out what the most populist stuff is and that will form their manifesto. It's back to focus group politics for them.

Comment

Are Labour planning to save money anywhere?

As in, reduce government spending on something?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Are Labour planning to save money anywhere?

As in, reduce government spending on something?
                That kind of talk might just get you arrested.

Comment

How to really save money. Shoot all lefties and all those that lefties defend. Sorted.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Typical bloody idiots.Borrow billions and pay off the voters and be in power for eternity. What can go wrong? Twunts.
                    When the largest block of voters are baby boomers who couldn't give a crap (or don't know) that their children and grand children are paying for their selfishness...makes sense doesn't it.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X