• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good News™ : Fat Slag in Court Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News™ : Fat Slag in Court Today

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...536033,00.html

Wife Swap star Lizzy Bardsley will appear in court later to appeal against her conviction for benefit fraud.

Bardsley was ordered to pay back more than £7,000 in welfare payments and court costs after being found guilty of being a benefit cheat last year.

Bardsley pocketed £3,800 from media work while raking in £37,500 a year in state hand-outs, her trial at Rochdale Magistrates' Court heard.

After becoming famous for her foul-mouthed antics on the TV series she was paid £2,000 for a topless photo shoot in the Sunday Sport newspaper.

She also received £500 for a location fee during the filming of Wife Swap at her home, plus another £530 expenses from the TV producers.

She was also paid £150 for appearing on the Kilroy morning TV chat show and a further £1,300 for interviews given to Heat and Closer magazines.

She failed to tell the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) about the extra cash.

Bardsley and her husband Mark, 34, received income support, child benefit, carer's allowance and incapacity benefits during the period they were paid for media work.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

I wonder if Fortune Green's got her topless photo shoot?

Then again, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      Bardsley pocketed £3,800 from media work while raking in £37,500 a year in state hand-outs, her trial at Rochdale Magistrates' Court heard.
      Is she the one referred to as Rochdale swamp donkey?

Comment

The very same.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Is she the one referred to as Rochdale swamp donkey?

Gaa on, £5 for a handjob, £10 to tickle ya fancy, c'mon I'm on the broo...

Comment

Oh dear... more community service

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...536033,00.html

Wife Swap star Lizzy Bardsley has had her sentenced increased after losing her appeal against her conviction for benefit fraud.

The mother of eight, who first shot to fame in the Channel 4 reality show, raked in £37,000 a year in state benefits.

However, she was also paid £4,350 for interviews with TV, newspapers and magazines and was convicted of cheating the benefits system by not declaring the extra income.

Bardsley, 32, claimed she had given £650 of the extra money to charity and the rest to her sister, Jennifer Hallisey.

Bolton Crown Court heard that the money was paid in cash or in cheques made out to Miss Hallisey.

But Miss Hallisey denied the claims and accused Bardsley of lying, saying the cash was paid back to her after clearing in her bank account.

He said Bardsley, now separated from her husband Mark, was "evasive" and "dissembling".

"We find that there is deliberate deception here. Money laundering. The payments have gone through a bank account to conceal payment," he added.

Judge Bloom increased Bardsley's sentence from 80 to 120 hours community service.

He ordered the £2,300 court costs from the earlier hearing should stand along with the order for Bardsley to pay back the overpayment, totalling around £7,000.
            Money laundering normally carries a prison sentence - shame she gets to doss around for a few hours.

Comment

Working...
            X