• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL alternative?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTL alternative?

'I bought four houses in Atlanta, Georgia – without setting eyes on them' - Telegraph

Something for all newbie USA BTL landlords to remember - don't make visits unannounced in late hours ...

Comment

I had some very bad experiences with BTL in Lancashire 20 years ago.

Also I wonder why this guy is going public? Is he trying to get suckers in? If its that good why not keep it quiet and pile in?

Comment

Would only be a landlord in cities I've once lived in myself.

Anyway it's a long-term game. If you want yields of 12% don't expect it from BTL.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
            Mmmmm!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Would only be a landlord in cities I've once lived in myself.

Anyway it's a long-term game. If you want yields of 12% don't expect it from BTL.
              And where do you expect yields of 12% from?

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                I think I need some loo roll.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And where do you expect yields of 12% from?
                  Dunno no, I'm no fund manager. Laterally I don't believe an annual yield of 12% is sustainable and only achievable in central London and the like where value does not equal quality.

My BTL has a year on year yield of just over 5% since more or less 2008. I would also add that the rental income for that property covers the mortgage more than twice over.

If I ever retire the income will be more than sufficient to support my National Geographic subscription.

Comment

Working...
                  X