• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have a nice weekend?

Get up to anything nice?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Get up to anything nice?
    Festival of Thrift and the seaside.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        No.

Ah diddums.....

Comment

Stump grinding and digging out a foundation trench for a garden retaining wall

Fookin knackered and everything is aching
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I had great fun.

Took the kids to a play farm on Saturday which turned out to be an amazing place. My daughter could not find the mini golf so she asked a duck that was walking past. Went to the pub for a friend's birthday in the evening and helping my father in law mix concrete.

Went to another friend's birthday on Sunday. He is a martial artist so arranges for senior instructors from different styles to come and teach. Did some Ninjitstu, catch wrestling (Lancashire version) and Bartitsu. I feel like I have popped a rib at some point. I trained with a gigantic dan grade who towered over me (I am 6'2") and was built like a tank. Luckily he was a really nice guy.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Lunch at Exmouth with family, dinner in Teignmouth with great friends, then yesterday, my middle child whooped the boys in her class in a triathlon. Leg feels much better (thanks BP), wife has sorted out the investments and we have bought a new working dog.

Cracking weekend only slightly spoiled by 'celebrating' too much at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                I trained with a gigantic dan grade who towered over me (I am 6'2") and was built like a tank. Luckily he was a really nice guy.
                In my experience people like that usually are.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  Lunch at Exmouth with family, dinner in Teignmouth with great friends, then yesterday, my middle child whooped the boys in her class in a triathlon. Leg feels much better (thanks BP), wife has sorted out the investments and we have bought a new working dog.

Cracking weekend only slightly spoiled by 'celebrating' too much at the weekend.
                  Are you working today? If not what is the real problem.....

Comment

It was a 'fair' weekend. Got some stuff done around the house. Had friends over for dinner on Saturday and cracked a few beers.
                    As my daughter is rapidly approaching 17 I thought I would make a call to the insurers to see how much to put her on wifes car insurance. It was an extra £800 until the end of Feb '14.

My insurance is up for renewal and they wont give me a quote until I accept the renewal

Comment

Working...
                    X