• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone 5s - slo-motion video

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone 5s - slo-motion video

What other camera phones can do this? I'm thinking youtube is going to be a wash with clips like this before long.

Perhaps we can have one of SAS buying a pint.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

The outstanding thing I notice on the majority of video's shot by people is that they're no better as cameramen than I am and I'm crap at any type of photography. Slow motion video's will simply show up even more flaws in the amateur cameramen.

Obvious question (to me) is how good is it as a phone? I believe some iPhones have had connection dropping issues and since I tend to use my phones as, well being brutally honest, a phone then that's a bit of a putoff.

Comment

Fun but couldn't you do the same with any normal phone recording at 60fps since 30fps video is just fine? i.e. isn't it all in the software?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Another thing to enable hipsters, why can't they have facial recognition that fires laser beams into hipsters eyes instead

Now that would be innovation
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          The outstanding thing I notice on the majority of video's shot by people is that they're no better as cameramen than I am and I'm crap at any type of photography. Slow motion video's will simply show up even more flaws in the amateur cameramen.

Obvious question (to me) is how good is it as a phone? I believe some iPhones have had connection dropping issues and since I tend to use my phones as, well being brutally honest, a phone then that's a bit of a putoff.
          I have an IPhone and have had one for a couple of years. I think it is a great phone, it might not have all of the flashy features that some of the newer Androids etc do but there has never been a time where I have realistically wanted my phone to do something that it could not do.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Fun but couldn't you do the same with any normal phone recording at 60fps since 30fps video is just fine? i.e. isn't it all in the software?
            You would not retain the same quality at those lower frame rates. Quality matters.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Could not comment. Over the years I've used all sorts of phones, 9/10 times, the network has been to blame. And not to name names, but Orange you're crap.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                You would not retain the same quality at those lower frame rates. Quality matters.
                30fps video is just fine for quality. Especially since we're talking about videos from a mobile phone. I've encoded videos and never needed to go to 60fps.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  30fps video is just fine for quality. Especially since we're talking about videos from a mobile phone. I've encoded videos and never needed to go to 60fps.
                  I agree.

However! If you shoot at 120fps, you can stretch out 1 second to 4 whilst retaining the same quality as you would shooting at 30fps. There numerous possibilities here.

These things are going to sell like hot cakes.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    What other camera phones can do this?
                    Galaxy Note 2 from last year! Biatch

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X