• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you fly on one of these?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you fly on one of these?

My cousin is going to Mogadishu to work on a telecoms network.

The way in is on one of these...

Wouldn't catch me....

I'd be more worried about working in Mogadishu, surely you'd be safer running round Iran wearing an "I love Salman Rushdie" tshirt
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        He is a really brave man...

Comment

Chechnya...1998
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Chechnya...1998
            youtu.be/VTCYp78I6P0?t=12m28s

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              I'd be more worried about working in Mogadishu, surely you'd be safer running round Iran wearing an "I love Salman Rushdie" tshirt
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                [IMG]

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hmm, lots of engines is good, so is lots of tyres, high wings also good (body acts as a pendulum to encourage return to level flight) , anhedral wings (sloping down) always disturb me as it encourages instability. Dihedral wings (sloping upwards) tend to return the plane to level flight if you take your hands off the controls.

What really scares me is when I see a plane which uses hydraulic components I designed straight from university, I used to pass exams based on the approach and intermediate workings but rarely got the final answer correct

Comment

Beats the tulip out of a Blackhawk - those things have problems in East Africa IIRC

Comment

Working...
                    X