• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This terrorist stuff in Kenya

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This terrorist stuff in Kenya

Obviously had as a template the Mumbai rampage in 2008(?). It surprises me we haven't had more of these types of attack, especially in the US, where guns are easily available. I guess even in fanatical jihadist circles there's a minority of people who want to die for Allah (or maybe not ).
    I'm sorry it happened in Kenya - have fond memories of a fantastic safari/beach/Rift valley holiday a few years ago. A nicer people you couldn't hope to meet and this will destroy the tourism many of them rely on.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

The US isn't like the 80's anymore, when you could walk into a gunstore and buy an automatic pistol based on your driving license. So yes, mildly surprised, but as we know from recent events, their security network is quite a blanket one, so they'd pick tulip like that up I guess.

I think after the death of Bin Laden, and probably for a while before, this is the limit of their capabilities; harder to intercept in countries like Kenya, harder to monitor, but all what they will do.

The interesting thing for me, is how this will affect relationships twixt religious groups in these countries that rely on tourism, will muslims not start being given a harder time than before?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Obviously had as a template the Mumbai rampage in 2008(?). It surprises me we haven't had more of these types of attack, especially in the US, where guns are easily available. I guess even in fanatical jihadist circles there's a minority of people who want to die for Allah (or maybe not ).
      I'm sorry it happened in Kenya - have fond memories of a fantastic safari/beach/Rift valley holiday a few years ago. A nicer people you couldn't hope to meet and this will destroy the tourism many of them rely on.
      Amazing how we are taking the side of these kind of people in Syria eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        The US isn't like the 80's anymore, when you could walk into a gunstore and buy an automatic pistol based on your driving license. So yes, mildly surprised, but as we know from recent events, their security network is quite a blanket one, so they'd pick tulip like that up I guess.

I think after the death of Bin Laden, and probably for a while before, this is the limit of their capabilities; harder to intercept in countries like Kenya, harder to monitor, but all what they will do.

The interesting thing for me, is how this will affect relationships twixt religious groups in these countries that rely on tourism, will muslims not start being given a harder time than before?

You got to survive if you could tell them who Muhammad's mother was, or quote the Qu'aran or say something in arabic.

If not you were slaughtered.

Has anyone in prominence in Islam come on record publicly and condemned this? I know David Cameron certainly did, and fair play to him, but I haven't seen anyone from Islamic circles. Of course this is most likely to do with the gutter trash press I read.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

You got to survive if you could tell them who Muhammad's mother was, or quote the Qu'aran or say something in arabic.

Has anyone in prominence in Islam come on record publicly and condemned this? I know David Cameron certainly did, and fair play to him, but I haven't seen anyone from Islamic circles. Of course this is most likely to do with the gutter trash press I read.
          You are a strange lad fat boy.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I hope it doesn't stop anyone visiting Kenya; wonderful place and yes, some of the friendliest people on earth. Perhaps people will see that outside Nairobi it's still a pretty safe place to go on holiday. It seems to be about Kenya's support of the Somalian army who are fighting various fundamentalist groups, and the fact that the shopping centre belongs to an Israeli company, but there's no way to rationalise randomly killing people like this. I saw some pictures on Dutch news of soldiers and policemen using their own bodies to shelter people from bullets; the best and the worst of humanity in one go.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              You are a strange lad fat boy.
              Out-thought and outclassed. Get a coffee and man up ffs.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Out-thought and outclassed. Get a coffee and man up ffs.

Have you started early?

Comment

True say - the Muslims in this country are at fault for some lunatics with a political agenda going round killing innocent people in Africa.

Perhaps the church/Vatican should apologise for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan as well?

Comment

:
                    Sadly the only thing I know to say in Arabic is (and I don't know how to spell this correctly): "Yiharrak Dinak" which means roughly "Fook religion". So those would probably be my dying words in that situation.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X