• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment Consultants are parasites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruitment Consultants are parasites

The 2nd highest rated comment on the beeb regarding 'CV blunders hit jobseekers' chances of securing employment'.

It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way about those people.

69. Alan
    23RD SEPTEMBER 2013 - 11:34
    3.BikerJake
    I worked for 24 months as a Recruitment Consultant
    ----

Another non job. Recruitment Consultants are parasites, clueless ones at that. I have never understood why any company uses them given that most just post the jobs on some site and that's it. We get many letters\emails from such "consultancies", even people turning up unannounced, trying to "sell" us people. Not needed thank you.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I treat them as a tool, there are good one and bad ones, but needed for me to get contracts at times
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The 2nd highest rated comment on the beeb regarding 'CV blunders hit jobseekers' chances of securing employment'.

It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way about those people.
      Good post, lets all like it and keep it there
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I'm sure a comment criticising contractors earning £500/day would be very popular too, especially if they were "earning £500 of tax-payers' money a DAY". Lots of people thought Labour were doing a good job in power...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I'm sure a comment criticising contractors earning £500/day would be very popular too, especially if they were "earning £500 of tax-payers' money a DAY". Lots of people thought Labour were doing a good job in power...
          Why would they criticise someone who has worked hard for an education to better themselves and income?

This is at odds with the majority of recruitment consultants who continue to demonstrate an absence of knowledge or enthusiasm.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why would they criticise someone who has worked hard for an education to better themselves and income?
            Because permies often have just as good an education and work at least as hard (you know, overtime, putting one in for the team, etc).

Who cares why... are you disputing that they would? I bet it's a LOT of hard work to get to be an MP and they often have great educations, but they are hardly popular.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is at odds with the majority of recruitment consultants who continue to demonstrate an absence of knowledge or enthusiasm.
              Do you really believe what you post?

They would criticise it because the rate is £500 per day. You'll have the straight jealousy because of the stated rate. Then you'll have someone in a techie role saying "That guy is doing the same thing I do so why should he get more money". And if it's a public sector contract, the combined "Contractor Greed at Cost of Taxpayers" outcry.

You'll be lucky to find anyone who cares how you got to where you did. And that's not always got anything to do with education or hardwork - your role will exist in permie land for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Because permies often have just as good an education and work at least as hard (you know, overtime, putting one in for the team, etc).

Who cares why... are you disputing that they would? I bet it's a LOT of hard work to get to be an MP and they often have great educations, but they are hardly popular.
                Working hard is not the same as working smart. Overtime is it what happens with piss poor planning, and faffing on internet forms, don't panic!

UK employees work many more hours than Germans, yet they are far less productive! -

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Do you really believe what you post?

They would criticise it because the rate is £500 per day. You'll have the straight jealousy because of the stated rate. Then you'll have someone in a techie role saying "That guy is doing the same thing I do so why should he get more money". And if it's a public sector contract, the combined "Contractor Greed at Cost of Taxpayers" outcry.

You'll be lucky to find anyone who cares how you got to where you did. And that's not always got anything to do with education or hardwork - your role will exist in permie land for a lot less.
                  Yes.

£500 per day is okay for sure but I'm knowing lawyers who charge £250 an hour. It pales into comparison. If the world was as fair as you propose it would be near impossible to find those who really do have skills and those wide mouth boys who have the gift of the gab.

Also you forget (and I don't know how the government has done it) but 500 today is it not what it was in 2006, Sterling has become hugely depressed against all the major currencies, it's worth less for sure and should be a wake up call.

Comment

Working hard is not the same as working smart. Overtime is it what happens with piss poor planning, and faffing on internet forms, don't panic!

UK employees work many more hours than Germans, yet they are far less productive! -
                    There is no pressure on UK businesses to be more productive when labour is cheap and the supply plentiful.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X