• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An unpleasant way to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unpleasant way to go

Hypothermia killed missing runner who plunged 1,000ft during race - Telegraph

For the brutal you have to have crew to follow you up and down Snowden. And take survival kit, flares, whistles, food, water.

With many new races being created, we don't need MORE f**king red tape. How about some common sense from the organizers?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Hypothermia killed missing runner who plunged 1,000ft during race - Telegraph

For the brutal you have to have crew to follow you up and down Snowden. And take survival kit, flares, whistles, food, water.

With many new races being created, we don't need MORE f**king red tape. How about some common sense from the organizers?
    How about we just let evolution do it's work?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      How about we just let evolution do it's work?
      Yeah. Lets start with the disabled. FFs.

All I was suggesting was a bit of common sense. But theat is impossible to find round CUK I suppose.

Comment

I know of a couple of fell-runners. Not a inch of fat on them, good muscle tone but not a lot of it. Fit as a fiddle mind but my they feel the cold a lot more than I do.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah. Lets start with the disabled. FFs.

All I was suggesting was a bit of common sense. But theat is impossible to find round CUK I suppose.
          Well, what exactly *is* common sense? Don't let people run around dangerous places? Make them pass a test first? Make them wear a GPS locator beacon?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

And who say exercise is good for you!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Well, what exactly *is* common sense? Don't let people run around dangerous places? Make them pass a test first? Make them wear a GPS locator beacon?
              Is you had bothered to read the OP you would have seen :-

Take crew, survival kit, flares, whistles, food, water.

Is that really so difficult?

Comment

It's safe if you go up in good weather, I managed it when I was 8

Not expecting the weather to turn or going in winter unprepared is just stoopidity
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

[/url]

Does the train have this equipment on board? I'm planning a trip that includes Snowden for the October half term.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Does the train have this equipment on board? I'm planning a trip that includes Snowden for the October half term.
                    No.

If the weather is bad they stop the train just after the halfway point.

Remember to book beforehand - it gets incredibly busy on that train.

But it is a fairly easy walk from Llanberis - They reckon a 6 hour round trip though I made it in 1.5 hours up and 1.5 hours down. Should have been 30-45 minutes down but my knee was busted and it was agony the whole way down.

Comment

Working...
                    X