• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A fasctinating tale of the meteoric rise of an Indian female techie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fasctinating tale of the meteoric rise of an Indian female techie

BBC News - Digital Indians: How Ruchi Sanghvi engineered her rise

But never made all those nonsense. Would MTT?

"You had to be opinionated, you had to make sure your point of view was heard, you had to ask questions. Sometimes people would tell you were stupid and you'd start all over again," she says.

"But it was, by and large, a meritocracy. It had one of the best environments for learning."
    So change her Gender and it would be different?

"The journey from employee to entrepreneur was a complex and taxing one for an immigrant like me," says Ms Sanghvi, who has been lobbying US authorities to ease immigration laws.

"When I started Cove, I spoke to three immigration lawyers who gave me a long checklist of things to do before my company could hire immigrants."
    oh goody

and maybe.

Should we have a 'would Mary Poppins / Mudskipper' Meme for the gents?

In the interests of equality.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
    X