• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! (still got what it takes)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! (still got what it takes)

Starting a contract next week.

Freshen up current skills, and train-up on latest software version.

Best of all, I get to keep ALL of the money.

need a new username: evildeveloper, maybe?

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Starting a contract next week.

Freshen up current skills, and train-up on latest software version.

Best of all, I get to keep ALL of the money.

need a new username: evildeveloper, maybe?
    You're a failed agent then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
      You're a failed agent then?

I am a technically aware agent, and/or a strategic thinking developer with people skills.

I shall return in 6 months more stronger and more knowledgeable than you can possibly imagine.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Agents are much better at eeking money out of clients, so on the whole you might not be as well off as you think.

i,e, a contractor without an agent gets 400 a day, with an agent he gets 450 and the agent keeps 50.

That's often how it works.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post

I am a technically aware agent, and/or a strategic thinking developer with people skills.

Ever thought of becoming an actor?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Ever thought of becoming an actor?
            I forgot to say....

BWAH-HA-HA-HA.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Agents are much better at eeking money out of clients, so on the whole you might not be as well off as you think.

i,e, a contractor without an agent gets 400 a day, with an agent he gets 450 and the agent keeps 50.

That's often how it works.
              Yes, I concede that point.
              But, I will be acquiring new skills, and having a bit of a change.

re: well off: beyond a certain critical amount, it becomes about things other than money.
              Hold on a mo, did I actually say that? Maybe I am not cut out to be an agent, after all.

Comment

Working...
              X