• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan b - Serviced Apartments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan b - Serviced Apartments

Serviced apartments attractive option for buy to let investors

Something us cash rich types should be looking at buying and running? 1 bed flats with upmarket and trendy interior.

Serviced apartment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe not in central London but big towns and cities where there's lots of IT contractors looking at an alternative to B&B or hotel stays?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Serviced apartments attractive option for buy to let investors

Something cash rich types like me should be looking at buying and running? 1 bed flats with upmarket and trendy interior.

Serviced apartment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe not in central London but big towns and cities where there's lots of IT contractors looking at an alternative to B&B or hotel stays?
    FTFY

Comment

No garage? I'm out.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Definitely a market for them. I always look for one when working away.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          What he said. You'd need to be somewhere between a house-share and a hotel.
          I reckon buying a house and en-suiting all the rooms would be the way forward. Maybe a microwave in the room.
          When I used to travel the worst thing was getting a B & B with shared facilities.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            No garage? I'm out.
            Good point. Make sure it has parking or even better a secure garage.

Comment

Nice big smart TV, fibre broadband, all the satellite channels would be a must.

Comment

TV, DVD player, Cable, Wireless, Dishwasher, Washing machine etc all a must have IMHO.

Oh, and decent cookware is a plus.

Plus the option of a trusted/vetted cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Indeed, although I usually wind up with a house share of some type which has played out pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Indeed, although I usually wind up with a house share of some type which has played out pretty well.
                    I'm to old & grumpy to house share these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X