• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car thread

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well you banned the other half of CUK's Top gear club so I assume you want a sensible debate before he comes back...

I like smart cars....

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Well you banned the other half of CUK's Top gear club so I assume you want a sensible debate before he comes back...

I like smart cars....
      Moi?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Moi?
        Not you personally and to be fair he seems to have well and truly deserved it this time and spontaneously disappeared into his own work hole

Comment

Oh no .....

All I can say about cars is there is no decent, left-field car for people of class and style to distinguish themselves from the masses driving ubiqitous German cars on credit.

Come on Alfa, give us characterful, Ferrari-sounding options like you did in the past. WTF is that Giuletta blob about, FFS?
          Chinese owners of Saab, let your Swedish engineers free like the Indians have at Land Rover/Jag and let's be having some interesting models.
          Citroen, improve your build quality and look to your roots for design inspiration. FFS you built the DS once.

On the plus side some of the new models at Volvo look interesting and the design language coming out from mazda is an improvement on the usual jap blandness.
          Last edited by sasguru; 26 September 2013, 10:52.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Oh no .....

All I can say about cars is there is no decent, left-field car for people of class and style to distinguish themselves from the masses driving ubiqitous German cars on credit.
            Thats interest free credit to you and backed by the full cost of the car in my bank account offsetting my mortgage instead

Comment

Thats interest free credit to you and backed by the full cost of the car in my bank account offsetting my mortgage instead
              You're still the indebted masses though.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

That's an awful lot of instant depreciation there pretending to be a interest free loan....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  That's an awful lot of instant depreciation there pretending to be a interest free loan....
                  Quite. Just don't get that kind of thinking.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Oh no .....

Come on Alfa, give us characterful, Ferrari-sounding options like you did in the past. WTF is that Giuletta blob about, FFS?
                    Chinese owners of Saab, let your Swedish engineers free like the Indians have at Land Rover/Jag and let's be having some interesting models.
                    Citroen, improve your build quality and look to your roots for design inspiration. FFS you built the DS once.

On the plus side some of the new models at Volvo look interesting and the design language coming out from mazda is an improvement on the usual jap blandness.
                    It'd be nice to see Lancia getting back to building stylish cars instead of rebadged Chrysler yankpoo. The Fulvia, the Flavia, or best of all, the Aurelia GT.

Comment

Working...
                    X