• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefit scroungers more likely to smoke - Wail = haters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefit scroungers more likely to smoke - Wail = haters

Unemployed TWICE as likely to smoke as those in work as figures show smoking ban has done little to persuade people to give up | Mail Online

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/ghs/op...classification

ONS link for Wail haters. Better graphs on Wail.

Now that is interesting, are smokers less likely to be achievers nowadays?

The smoking ban doesn't seem to have changed the downward trend?

Does a ring on your finger make you an ex smoker?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Well as smoking is banned in the workplace you're less likely to spend all day puffing. It's common sense really.

I bet unemployed people have more sex / kids as well.

I bet unemployed people watch more TV and use more electricity. Yada yada.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Well as smoking is banned in the workplace you're less likely to spend all day puffing. It's common sense really.

Given the extra leisure time, they're also more likely to exercise, keep their houses and gardens nice, and do volunteer work.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Given the extra leisure time, they're also more likely to exercise, keep their houses and gardens nice, and do volunteer work.

Now you're just being silly.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Would have thought the Wail would be promoting smoking for people it doesn't like as a way of getting rid of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Would have thought the Wail would be promoting smoking for people it doesn't like as a way of getting rid of 'em.

Erm mo, thats not a good idea to get rid of them, they wont die easily and clog up the NHS and then "we" have to spend millions trying to help them survive.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Are you saying Suity is fibbing about all his contracts?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                it was actually reporting ONS statistics. There was really very little opinion in the reporting.

The thing I found interesting was the correlation between responsible job , marriage and not smoking. Plus the massive improvements in a decade.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  it was actually reporting ONS statistics. There was really very little opinion in the reporting.

The thing I found interesting was the correlation between responsible job , marriage and not smoking. Plus the massive improvements in a decade.
                  They rarely offer an "opinion" they just report selectively and stand back - have a look at the comments.

The ONS has been spouting quite a bit of crap lately - perhaps they are worried they might get canned.

Comment

It needs a politician with guts to just ban it outright

Smoking is more addictive than a lot of banned drugs, and just as harmfull
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X