• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The woman with the debts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The woman with the debts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5241290.stm

"He also offers me the option to consider simply handing the keys to Mortgage Express. But I can't see how that's going to help me in the long run.

",

oh dear.

Milan.

I have decided to put my buy-to-let property on the market. I realise now after several months of trying to negotiate with my creditors, and with the birth of my child due, I need to take drastic action.

I had hoped that the property would be my pension but it looks like I will be back to square one.
    Words fail me...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

With the birth of her second child a matter of weeks away, Sayara's property is threatened with repossession.
      Why is she having 2nd child when she barely can afford one? IMO its criminal to have kids that won't be able to get good start in the future.

Comment

if you've been following the story, you'll know part of the problem is that her partner the father of the child is having a hard time because he gave up his job to open a restaurant and things aren't going too well

you couldn't make it up

opening a restaurant is sucha luvvy duvvy lefty thing to do reminds me of Bridget Jones's Diary.

Milan.

Comment

So, basically they could not afford a condom?

My prediction is that they will bankrupt her to make example, or more like avoid such a public figure escape with this crap because otherwise lots more people will try it on.

Comment

I still don't get the sexual discrimination case against her previous employer...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
              I still don't get the sexual discrimination case against her previous employer...

She was, allegedly, sacked when she told her employer she was pregnant.
              Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

Originally posted by sparklelard
                She was, allegedly, sacked when she told her employer she was pregnant.

Except she also claims to be a freelance IT Consultant, i.e. a contractor. Difficult to see how that squares with a discrimination claim. Sounds like the client found out she was pregnant and terminated the contract. Not much comeback for her in that case.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is a company that signs short term contract qualifies as being called "employer"?

Comment

Why is it these days that people have no sense of responsibility these days. It has been announced today that personal bankrupcies have exceeded 100,000 this year (1 year of shame then all back to normal apparantly thanks to Bliar) and repossesions are at their highest level for 6 years but it is never the debtors fault is it?? These days the blame seems to lie with the banks. Obviously they are employing heavies to twist people's arms to ensure that they get in loads of debt. When I was a lad it was shamefull to be in debt - these days it's almost a fashion statement

Comment

Working...
                    X