• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm running my 1st half marathon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running my 1st half marathon

in September.

I'm crap at exercise, hopeless at jogging but am being strangely drawn to the more uncomfortable aspects of training (when I get around to doing some).

But I managed to walk 13 miles in 3 hours on Saturday so coming in at less than this time is a distinct possibility.

And d'ya know what? There's not a sponsorship form in sight. I'm not begging for money, I'm not badgering my friends and relatives.

I'm doing this for me and nobody else

So there...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

<ChuggerWarning>

If you're going to do it, why not just give a little tax deductible?

http://www.justgiving.com/

</ChuggerWarning>
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Feck off.

I'm not going to be one of those 'make you feel bad' worthies...
      Last edited by cojak; 4 August 2006, 07:29.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Remember what happened with the guy who run the very first marathon...

Comment

Good luck Cojak. It's gonna hurt if you haven't done any training but good luck...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I used to do that stuff. You haven't left yourself much time to get fit for running 13 miles, so can I suggest you take a bike?

You can have a little basket on the front for canapes, wine, etc, and a bell to warn fellow runners that you are coming through.

Comment

I've done some training and I'm gonna do some more, no doubt about that. I'm just not going to run the whole 13 miles - walking with a bit of jogging.

I'm taking the David Coleman mantra to heart "Start slowly, then go slower".

cojak - Jade Goody of the IT world...

Pass me that curry... (like the idea of the basket, wendigo).

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
                cojak - Jade Goody of the IT world...
                Does that mean you are going to get your tits out?

Sorry....I'll get me coat.

Good luck.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Well done! I know how much hard work it takes.
                  HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Which one?
                    Bristol?

Comment

Working...
                    X