• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My girlfriend needs 'a device'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My girlfriend needs 'a device'

Her laptop is falling apart and she seeds something else for her web browsing. She never runs office or the like and only really does the following:

1. Standard websurfing; email, facebook, forums etc

2. Photos; She takes lots and currently keeps them on her laptop but backs them up to a hard drive attached to our wireless router

3. Music; she uses media player to play mp3 files stored on the 'network drive' attached to the network router. Currently she only uses earphones but would like to stream them over Bluetooth to a Bluetooth enabled soundbar

She prefers something with a proper keyboard rather than a tablet which I guess limits choices to a laptop or hybrid product. Any suggestions what we should consider? I was wondering if a Chromebook 3 might be just what she needs?
    Last edited by Hiram King Of Tyre; 27 September 2013, 15:55.

I would suggest a MS Surface but might get laughed at You can get docking stations and/or proper keyboards for iPad and Android tablets too, or look at something like the Transformer range.

Does she take photos with a proper camera, or would she be able to take them using the device itself if it were small?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I would suggest a MS Surface but might get laughed at You can get docking stations and/or proper keyboards for iPad and Android tablets too, or look at something like the Transformer range.

Does she take photos with a proper camera, or would she be able to take them using the device itself if it were small?
      She takes photos with a Panasonic (TZ10) I think and then connects using a USB cable. A camera on the decice isn't necessary.

I should also add that we also have a desktop that she can use for anything the device doesn't do (printing may be an example if she goes for the chromebook as I hear printing with it isn't straight forward)

Comment

There's only one choice here

To look at beautiful pictures you need a beautiful computer, and she'll love you forever.

If you're a tight git, get her one of these and you'll be posting this thread again in a year's time looking for it's replacement.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Am I supposed to know what that is?

Comment

http://harryminhas.files.wordpress.c...-mbp-apple.jpg

Don't tell me, it's apple crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
              Look do you want some tonight? Then get her an Apple for goodness sake.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry.....

I should have said at the beginning, I don't do 'social conditioning'

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                  Sorry.....

I should have said at the beginning, I don't do 'social conditioning'
                  Did you tell her that?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    To look at beautiful pictures you need a beautiful computer, and she'll love you forever.

If you're a tight git, get her one of these and you'll be posting this thread again in a year's time looking for it's replacement.

+1

Comment

Working...
                    X