• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help to Buy (Votes) brought forward by 3 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to Buy (Votes) brought forward by 3 months

The governement have announced they are bringing forward the help to buy scheme by 3 months it is now starting from next week.

Conservatives bring forward second phase of Help to Buy

I find this fascinating and stinks of desperation. After the price rises of the last few months due to the "good news" stories about how house prices are set to rise, they want to keep this momentum and the only way they can do this (and maintaining the last few stilts that are propping it up) is buy starting this scheme early to try and prevent the traditional winter slowdown in the market.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 10-15% inflation at the bottom of the market now and the government brigning forward the general election before the inevitable correction occurs.

Comment

Will AtW finally swap his rented bedsit for a starter home?

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 10-15% inflation at the bottom of the market now and the government brigning forward the general election before the inevitable correction occurs.
        By correction do you mean when interest rates rise and the idiots, who've borrowed as much as they possibly can, can no longer afford to pay the interest and loose their home which by that time are worth 20% less than they paid?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Will AtW finally swap his rented bedsit for a starter home?
          I was making plans for next year, but looks like prices will get out of control again - 15 years of renting now under my belt

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            By correction do you mean when interest rates rise and the idiots, who've borrowed as much as they possibly can, can no longer afford to pay the interest and loose their home which by that time are worth 20% less than they paid?
            I think anyone who buys now could end up regretting it. The best thing the government could have done was to allow the housing market to crash the day after the last GE and blame it on labour. They know the current level of house prices (especially in the SE) isn't sustainable and their attempts at correcting it via inflation have failed so can see them using H2B to prop up the market, call a general election before the tulip hits the fan

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Chap down the road from me has just lost £15k on his house.

Bought at the top, been for sale for yonks coz his wife "found the garden was too big".

It's the same fecking size garden now as it was when you bought the fecker.

<shakes head in amazement>
              Where is that?

Comment

Lloyds Banking Group are one of the few lenders who have committed to offering loans through Help to Buy 2, but other lenders have been cautious about offering a commitment until they find out how much the guarantee will cost and whether they will get capital relief on the high LTV loans offered through the scheme (Taken from Mortgage Strategy)

My opinion is that I'm not convinced that lenders are in a position to be able to offer this scheme yet. Many are already struggling with increased business volumes and simply dont have the resources to deal with more.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
                  Lloyds Banking Group are one of the few lenders who have committed to offering loans through Help to Buy 2, but other lenders have been cautious about offering a commitment until they find out how much the guarantee will cost and whether they will get capital relief on the high LTV loans offered through the scheme (Taken from Mortgage Strategy)

My opinion is that I'm not convinced that lenders are in a position to be able to offer this scheme yet. Many are already struggling with increased business volumes and simply dont have the resources to deal with more.
                  Are you suggesting we need to print more money cos the banks are running out?

Comment

Working...
                  X