• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

False widow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False widow

I was just making my bad and this little blighter scurried out of my duvet....

I am pretty confident it was a false widow

Not an Arachnologist (but I am a fan of all spiders) but that does look like yer common Giant House Spider (Tegenaria duellica).

It's September, the males comes in doors looking to get their (eight) legs over.

qh

Edit: I've just googled the images for False Widow and there's pics of about 10 different species!
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Gawh did you see the size of the teeth on that thing?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I hate spiders, just how the feck they get to my flat on 2rd floor

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          with determination - the Squirrel lover must die!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Article in the Grauniad today about them coincidentally. It seems there are 2 types of false widow.

Link

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Get a cat, you won't have any spiders anymore.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I didn't realise we have so many types in the UK.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  I didn't realise we have so many types in the UK.

qh
                  A lot are immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    A lot are immigrants.
                    coming over here claiming our benefits, taking our jobs and occupying our flats.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X