• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shopping spree / Monday challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping spree / Monday challenge

I have set myself a challenge, to see how much cool stuff I can get for the £709 I saved by not buying a new iPhone. Obviously whatever I buy needs to have at least 64GB of flash storage, so that's taken care of with an SD card (£38.99 for a micro one with adapter)

Then I have a raspberry pi, an arduino, a little I2C gadget for servo control and a nifty surge protector plug with two build in USB charging ports.

And I still have about £600 to go.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

How about a Nook HD+

NOOK Tablets | Apps | Accessories | Books at NOOK® UK

for £129, with it's full HD screen and unlocked O/S.

And then perhaps a brand new phone?

Nokia C1-01 Phone with Email and Internet Sim Free Grey , [100206], ,Telephones, Cordless Telephones, Panasonic Telephones

At £34?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      How about a Nook HD+

NOOK Tablets | Apps | Accessories | Books at NOOK® UK

for £129, with it's full HD screen and unlocked O/S.

And then perhaps a brand new phone?

Nokia C1-01 Phone with Email and Internet Sim Free Grey , [100206], ,Telephones, Cordless Telephones, Panasonic Telephones

At £34?
      I have all the computers, tablets, phones and eReaders I need and quite a few that I don't. I suppose the phone would be useful for remote control, if not for the fact I can get a 2nd hand remote control unit off eBay for peanuts.

I just got a brushless motor and 30A speed control for a helicopter for £10 the pair on eBay. Made in china, but all that stuff is anyway.

You can get a bad full of plastic cogs from Hong Kong for £5. Bargain.

I'm going to need some bits of metal. And perhaps a drill press. That might be getting carried away.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I have all the computers, tablets, phones and eReaders I need and quite a few that I don't. I suppose the phone would be useful for remote control, if not for the fact I can get a 2nd hand remote control unit off eBay for peanuts.

I just got a brushless motor and 30A speed control for a helicopter for £10 the pair on eBay. Made in china, but all that stuff is anyway.

You can get a bad full of plastic cogs from Hong Kong for £5. Bargain.

I'm going to need some bits of metal. And perhaps a drill press. That might be getting carried away.
        How about a smartwatch?

Comment

Are you building a robot or something for the price of an iPhone?

Comment

Although at that price the Nook looks ideal as a birthday present for my son. Does it have "kid mode" or whatever?

Comment

How about a bike? Now's a great time to pick up last year's models cheap

Comment

To be honest, its enough for me to check my online bank account and be very smug in the satisfaction that my balance hasnt gone down by ££££ just because some new phone was launched and I didnt have to go baaa baaa and become a iSheep.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  How about a bike? Now's a great time to pick up last year's models cheap
                  He's got a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Are you building a robot or something for the price of an iPhone?
                    I doubt it will cost that much.

Comment

Working...
                    X