• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shopping spree / Monday challenge II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping spree / Monday challenge II

I have set you a challenge, to see if you can purchase cooler stuff for £4500, all in such neat sexy packages. Obviously whatever I buy needs to have the cool factor, and I do not care for windows like hardware or else I'll start wearing my mobile in a special pouch attached to my belt, which can be totally avoided by not being a tight git.

rMBP a snap @ £2,819.00

iPhone 5s £709 (hello, they were practically given them away)

fuji x100s - amazing camera at somewhere around £1000 (does anyone care?)

So total in this picture is around £4500, bargain.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Since you have £4.5K worth of equipment in that pic with each item having a camera on it, what did you use to take the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Since you have £4.5K worth of equipment in that pic with each item having a camera on it, what did you use to take the pic?
      A nokia 6700!

(normally sits in the break glass in case of emergencies box)
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well an Air is at least as cool, probably cooler, than a MBP. So I saved you a grand already.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

£450 (Computer Exchange)

Free on contract

£350 (London Camera Exchange)

£3000, cos I spent the other £700 on DIY robotics (well actually I only managed £400 or so before I got bored...)
          Last edited by doodab; 30 September 2013, 15:28. Reason: Got the wrong phone in there
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sorry but you can't seriously claim a ThinkPad is cool?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Sorry but you can't seriously claim a StinkPad is cool?
              FTFY
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I do cool stuff with it. That makes it cool.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's very not cool.

I tend to think Dell & ThinkPad owners look like:

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    WHS

Comment

Working...
                    X