• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't for the life of me find a decent silk handkerchief online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't for the life of me find a decent silk handkerchief online

Did a quick check on Amazon yesterday, to find a couple of suitable silk handkerchiefs to replace the ones that are now falling to bits from being ironed too often on the linen setting.

They are either ridiculously cheap, which makes me highly suspicious they will be far too small and/or cheap material with the pattern printed on only one side, or equally ludicrously expensive. But all the matches share one feature - No dimensions!

Anyone else bought things on Amazon that somehow turn out to be much smaller than the impression gained from the image(s), in the absence of size info? Seems like a new way to scrimp on materials and rip off the customers.

Also, why when I search on "silk handkerchief" does Amazon think I'll be interested in silk ties or even silk suits?!

I may try and search for some Indian or Thai companies selling them direct, and cut out all the UK middlemen and online trader wannabes.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Try eBay as well. A lot of overseas companies trade on there now.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There's something quite disgusting about hankies (silk or otherwise). Snot in it, stick it in your pocket, then rinse(wash) and repeat. Far better a tissue which you can bin/flush once snotted.

But if you do insist, Tie Rack do them

Mens Handkerchiefs | Pocket Squares | Silk Handkerchiefs | Handkerchiefs

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        There's something quite disgusting about hankies (silk or otherwise). Snot in it, stick it in your pocket, then rinse(wash) and repeat. Far better a tissue which you can bin/flush once snotted.

But if you do insist, Tie Rack do them

Mens Handkerchiefs | Pocket Squares | Silk Handkerchiefs | Handkerchiefs
        Real hankies seem disgusting nowadays. What is wrong with quality cotton? At least you can put cotton on a hot wash, tho I spose ironing does the same job of disinfection.

Comment

Working...
        X