• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New twist on agent pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New twist on agent pain

Got a call this evening from my current agent , she's not a bad kid really, asking if I knew any prospective contract social workers as in her office they are getting stick from management for not signing up enough new people.

Does the same thing ie agents trawling for workers happen in IT Land ?

They do and I don't see the problem with that is. I recommended a fella who was on the bench when I had a call like this from an agent and he got a gig the were looking at a week later. Me, him, client, agent happy. Sorted.

Bearing in mind being an agent is little more than being a salesman I can't see why you think it would be any different across professions.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      They do and I don't see the problem with that is. I recommended a fella who was on the bench when I had a call like this from an agent and he got a gig the were looking at a week later. Me, him, client, agent happy. Sorted.

Bearing in mind being an agent is little more than being a salesman I can't see why you think it would be any different across professions.
      I've given recommendations to agents on more than one occasion. I don't recall any 'introduction fees' coming my way though.

Comment

Working...
      X