• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baby on Board

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby on Board

I am a placid man. I am easy going with a bit of attitude and rarely am I pushed into wanting to actually punch someone. Except this morning on the train I could have punched a woman wearing a "baby on board" badge on her lapel.

She walks onto the train and pushes me with a look of entitlement on her face. Excuse me she says pushing past me and then interrupts a woman passenger who was sitting down just in front of me "excuse me she says but I am pregnant can I have that seat?". the girl gets up apologising for not having noticed (she could not have had time), gives up her seat and the "pregnant woman sits down with a self satisfied look on her face and immediately starts fiddling with her mobile.

Had she not been wearing the badge no one would have noticed she was pregnant and what really annoyed me was that she was clearly showing off and expecting everyone to cow tow to her selfishness.
    My first though was would I sh*g her? - if she was fit then I could have excused her - I am not a fussy man but the answer was resolutely NO.
    I then thought about her attitude and wondered what sort of bloke would want to marry her.
    Next I asked myself what sort of job she would be doing...
    Then it came to me.. she had to be working in HR.

that was the point at which I wanted to punch her.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I had the same issue on a train. He got on board and waited for me to walk past. It occurred to me that he might work in recruitment so I beat him to death with a pool ball in a sock that I carry for these occasions.

Apparently, under this loony government, that makes me a criminal!!!!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I'm very cautious now, one-too-many times have i offered my seat in error to a rotund lady

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        She walks onto the train and pushes me with a look of entitlement on her face.

Excuse me she says....

"excuse me she says but I am pregnant can I have that seat?"

My first though was would I sh*g her?
        'Recruitment Agent has sexual advances spurned by polite pregnant woman'

Phone the Daily Mail, they'd love this one.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Is it true that all recruitment agents are people who wanted to work in HR but didn't make the grade?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Is it true that all recruitment agents are people who wanted to work as an estate agent but didn't make the grade?
            FTFY
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

ooh, sounds handy. Where do I get one?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Is it true that all recruitment agents are people who wanted to work in HR but didn't make the grade?
                I would rather run 100 contracts at zero margin than work in HR
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  expecting everyone to cow tow to her selfishness.
                  She expected people to pull along a domesticated ungulate?

Or perhaps you mean kowtow?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                    She expected people to pull along a domesticated ungulate?

Or perhaps you mean kowtow?

Comment

Working...
                    X