• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where will it all end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where will it all end?

Any ideas?

If we take our view to its logical conclusion.

i.e. Down skilling of UK workforce. 90% of all manufacturing and service industries gone to (once) 3rd world countries like India, China, Korea etc.

So Britain becomes a nation of shelf stackers, shop assistants, hair dressers, delivery van drivers and most of those jobs will be filled by immigrants from new EU members.

Those that can flee the country. Sell up their houses and move abroad.

What for those left behind? Who's gonna pay for Blairs Britain if the average man is an assistant ay B&Q?

Anyone?

And the average B&Q assistant is drawing their state pension anyway.

Comment

So Britain becomes a nation of shelf stackers, shop assistants, hair dressers, delivery van drivers and most of those jobs will be filled by immigrants from new EU members.
      What do you mean, 'becomes'? Sounds a pretty accurate summary of the UK right now.

This is what happens when the inversion of values follows the nihilism we witnessed throughout the majority of the 20th century. This is what happens when the Beckhams are icons, elite universities become money-making companies with quotas, and the loony-left runs rampant.

Where will it end? We are heading towards a new Dark Age. Ironically, will the Chavs save us just as the monks did last time?

Comment

That's a bit nihilistic too, isn't it?

I'm optimistic about the future.
        I can't see anything other than a massive swing to the right, when the advanced countries of the world finally come to recognise that china and india and others are fine as providers of raw materials but we can't really afford for them to join the big boys.
        I have long argued that it would be better for us to nuke china and india and the middle-east into glass now, while we still have the option of doing so.
        I'm sure chicken would agree with this, after all they're all godless (sorry, christian-godless) barbarians, n'est ce pas?

Comment

Re: That's a bit nihilistic too, isn't it?

Since when did we (with our 4 nuclear subs) have the ability to "nuke China ... into glass"?

Comment

I was including the Americans and the Russians

(unable to load pagetext)

Comment

Since when did we (with our 4 nuclear subs) have the ability to "nuke China ... into glass"?
              By 'we', I assumed it meant UK and USA. After all, when do we do anything on our own initiative? Thank you bloody Churchill!
              China would require quite a few strikes to wipe out it's population. Plus, what about ethnic groups within Britain? I'm sure Muslims wouldn't sit quietly whilst we microwaved the motherland. We'd need to do something internally...

Comment

Re: I was including the Americans and the Russians

I was including the Americans and the Russians
                Can't see Russia nuking India; they buy lots of Russian military equipment (invisible boats!).

Comment

So what you are saying is we are headed for armageddon?

Doomed I tell ya!

Anyone got a positive vision of the future where Britain is 70% immigrants, all the high value jobs are overseas and Brown is elected PM in his historic fourth landslide election victory over the opposition party, the New Liberals?

Comment

nuke china and india and the middle-east into glass
                    You've been listening to subliminal messages from Debbie Harry.

Anyway, I'm not sure that's the answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X