• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something I don't get with the US shutting down n all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I don't get with the US shutting down n all

How come they still have a top credit rating? I mean if you've exceeded your credit card limit then you're having trouble with paying back your debts, right?

When this happened to Greece the rating agencies went medieval on their ass, even though now it's looks likely Greece shall pay off it's debts sooner now that the US could ever hope to.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    How come they still have a top credit rating?
    Govt shutdown saves money.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Govt shutdown saves money.

HTH
      Press F8 for boot options

Comment

The shut down has nothing to do with their credit, the credit is there but there is an argument over how much of it to use
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Are they American companies perchance? Actually of the top 3, only 2 are while one is owned by a French company but is based in New York and London. They have actually downgraded the USA before but whats happening now is different. Ratings agencies are ******* anyway:

The three credit rating agencies were key enablers of the financial meltdown. The mortgage-related securities at the heart of the crisis could not have been marketed and sold without their seal of approval. Investors relied on them, often blindly. In some cases, they were obligated to use them, or regulatory capital standards were hinged on them. This crisis could not have happened without the rating agencies.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The debt ceiling thing is a separate issue, which doesn't come to a head for about three weeks. That's the point when the USA defaults on its debts, the global economy crumbles, and people realise what a load of utter bollocks Osborne's "recovery" actually is. Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The debt ceiling thing is a separate issue, which doesn't come to a head for about three weeks. That's the point when the USA defaults on its debts, the global economy crumbles, and people realise what a load of utter bollocks Osborne's "recovery" actually is. Can't wait
              Eh? I dont think wishing for a world of pain is good.
              these eejits have borrowed themselves and us into trouble,
              but there is an easy way out
              and a hard way
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Probably because there is more confidence in the US paying back debt than any other country, perhaps also because the US dollar is the world's major reserve currency? If they were to go the same way as Greece, most of the rest of the world would probably go with them...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  If there was a like button I'd press it.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    If there was a like button I'd press it.
                    It's pronounced New-Cu-Ler.

Comment

Working...
                    X